don't click here

Hidden Palace prototype releases

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by drx, May 3, 2016.

1. LockOnTommy11

LockOnTommy11

UK
    That’s excellent, a great start - thank you.

I’ve been playing with the proto and have already found a lot of interesting things. Firstly, all ledges as in the final game are able to be grabbed (TCRF claims this is false) but one has to press up and toward the ledge. Additionally, the final level as Dr Grant is beatable in exactly the same fashion as the final (TCRF also claims this isn’t possible). Presumably, the player didn’t try throwing the flash grenades in place of the final’s explosives to destroy the dinosaur bones.

Amongst other things, the height of the T-Rex in the boat level stands out. It suggests that they perhaps wanted to show more of the T-Rex’s body, maybe leading to more being shown toward the end of the game. There’s a song in the sound test called “You Win”, which, coupled with the final game’s text which oddly says “rush to the helicopter”, suggests a concept left out of the final game. There’s also an end game T-Rex boat chase in the sequel, Rampage Edition, which seems to recycle art and concepts from the first, so, yeah.

I’ll add to the page at the weekend when I’ve had a bit more time :)