Hidden Palace prototype releases

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by drx, May 3, 2016.

1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Spyro the Dragon (Jun 15, 1998 prototype)
    Discuss this release on our Discord server!

Hello everyone! Today we have a nice surprise for you courtesy of hwd45, a nice prototype of the original Spyro the Dragon for the Sony PlayStation!

This prototype contains a lot of differences in comparison to the final build. Unfinished levels, early level design, different unfinished voice recordings, and much more. hwd45 recorded a lot of footage for this prototype and wrote a write up that will soon go on TCRF very soon.

Until next time!

2. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Oooh. I remember the demo disc version had a handful of things different from the final game. That might have been based off this beta then.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    Man things get really weird in that demo in the final world. Gnasty Gnorc was looking verrryyy different at one point.

4. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Spyro the Dragon (Jul 19, 1998 prototype)
    Discuss this release on our Discord server!

Hello everyone! It's that time again with yet another prototype of Spyro the Dragon for the Sony PlayStation thanks to Gh0stBlade and hwd45!

This one is about a month after the previous prototype as well as a month before the first available final version. Despite only being a month before the final, it contains quite a few number of differences. For instance, the title screen still hasn't been completed and lacks the intro or ending cutscenes. Many of the dragons within the game still lack dialog throughout the game, and most of the music track ordering is the same as the previous prototype still.

Until next time!