don't click here

Hi. I have the planets in MZ done for you

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by LOst, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    probably the same deal they used in wolf3d - its not true 3d, but faked I beleive. Note that all angles are 90 degrees

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, looks like Gens shows a wrong aspect ratio in that level. No wonder the alien looks stretched vertically.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Jeez that's freaky that the film toy story was out the same time as the genesis, makes you realise how much time has passed @_@

Yeah I think you're right, hell you did the interview you've gotta be right :lol:

4. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    That looks like 32 cell mode, and indeed Gens gets the aspect wrong.

5. Fake 3D or not, it's pretty impressive for a genesis. I've never played that, but I would imagine there would be some lag, but still. Putting that out on a genesis...

Oh, an besides, that's real-time rendered graphics, not pre-rendered.

6. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    Did you know Traveler's Tales helped put together Toy Story? It reminds me a lot of Sonic 3D Blast. Just the 3d look and feel of it all.

7. Kles

Kles

Genesis doing fake 3D probably wouldn't be too hard. I mean, SNES could do Doom and it was a technologically inferior system.

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Imagine no lag. On real, unmodded hardware.

9. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    That might be because the length of the PCM is incorrectly defined as EndOfRom-SegaPCM. If you put data before the EndOfRom label, then the length will be wrong. This can be easily fixed by moving the label.

10. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Or do <LabelDirectlyAfterSegaPCM>-SegaPCM. If you don't have a label there, make one and call it whatever you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.