don't click here

Heroes Questions.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So I was playing heroes and noticed that in Mystic Mansion the giant skeleton holding those plates looked AWFULLY FAMILIAR...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...So am I looking too far into it you think?

And now for my next question. Mystic Mansion related again. You how some of the doors have a skeleton popping out of the side of them?

[​IMG]

I was just wondering how that works since if you go over to the other side of the door the skeleton then pops out from the side you just came from.

2. A. Lawl, nice Action Replay/Gameshark usage. :P

B. Wow, I didn't notice the large skeleton thing. I doubt it's intentional, but the resemblance is uncanny.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I needed an excuse to play Heroes. Plus AR makes it that more fun.

4. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Wow, I have never noticed that, and I'm a total nut over Golden Axe. Cool find!

5. If that is an intentional Golden Axe reference then its a bloody good one! Never noticed it before you mentioned it though!

6. BaXter

BaXter

Employed at KickAss Corp.
    ROFL, that's true that this is a nice coincidence! Personnaly I didn't play Gloden Axe yet, but your confrontation between them is great. Good job!

7. CraigRobbo

CraigRobbo

It look like it could possibly be an easter egg.

Personally I doubt it but it is still rather cool non the less.

Craig

8. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I thought this was common knowdelge.

9. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Looks like a nice homage, if anything. I wouldn't really put much extra thought into it.

10. Shade

Shade

It's obviously a clue as to how to unlock Team Golden Axe.

11. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I've thought that was a golden axe reference since day one, but figured no one cared so I never brought it up. Glad someone else thought so as well.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Meh, I just think it's a neat little coincidence.

13. Nova

Nova

I'm on the 'coincidence' side of the argument, though I'll agree it's a pretty nice find!

Sorry, but I can't shed any light on the 'skeleton behind the door' thing. :<

14. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    I doubt it was intentional. But still, odd similarities there. ._.

15. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    my guess is that the animation has it go invisible on the last frame.

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

It's just scripted to hide when you get close to it. it's a haunted mansion, it's got to be unexplainable! I've tried many a time to see it disappear using the boost kick attack thing, but I've never been able to pan the camera.

17. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    That is correct. I don't know where I've seen it, but I'm sure that the skeleton purely disappears when the animation ends. I'm really certain that I saw it on the current Sonic Heroes speedrun; SHADOW JACKY went way too fast and you could actually see the skeleton disappear. Either that or I hacked my answer using hacks. Redundant.

18. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Not to mention polygons are one sided in the renderware engine. If you don't build the second half of the skeleton, it will appear mostly invisible from the other side even before the game deletes it.

19. DeeNinja

DeeNinja

A generic young member. Member
    About the skeleton behind thee door: If you run fast enough, you'll see where it goes when it *disappears* back *into* the door.
    Edit: Didn't read the question thoroughly. Maybe when you cross the door it triggers something that makes the game tell the skeleton to pop out on the other side?

20. It's just supposed to be spooky black magic or something. It's just to make it scary. But if you meant in terms of programing, I'm going with them just getting disabled or turned invisible after they duck away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.