Help in implanting the "Lets Go" tile into SYZ

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Orengefox, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    I am developing my very first hack. Althought not very original as most people have made this attempt already, I would like to make my own version of Sonic 1 Beta. Using Esreals Sonic Editor, I was able to complete alot of the stuff that program is capable of doing for Sonic 1, however, there are somethings I haven't been able to do in that rom and that is to implant some tiles. For example, we know the "Lets Go" sign tile (8x8) for SYZ is in the Rom, but what I wanted to do is get that tile and have it placed into SYZ level. I know Soned can do this if its a savestate (although I'm new to the program and hasn't been successful in saving it into the savestate for reason I don't know why :blink:) but I would like to have this hacked attempt done on a rom and not on savestate. If anyone can assist me on this attempt (along with hoping I made sense) I'd really appreciate it.

Just let me know what you guys need ^_-

2. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

:P

3. Orengefox

Orengefox

I thought I remember seeing someone doing a project like that, just didn't know for sure along with who was doing it ;_;

Could I still continue with my idea though, only I would be trying to figuer it out myself cause I like the idea still and its good practicing in this stuff no? o.o

4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Of course you can!

5. Orengefox

Orengefox

Thanks. My first attempts ofcourse won't be as great as the ones you guys here make but its still worth the experience. Its stuff like what you showed me just now along with some of the stuff I've seen from .hack//zero I would like to learn how to do in hacks ^_^

Well, unless anyone else has something to say, I think that's about it, the staff here can lock this if they want to or not o.o

6. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Your IP ends with a "X" o.o;;

Well if you need hel, feel free to IM me at "losttmd" (AIM)

7. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Simon's modified the display so it only shows the first three numbers in an IP.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You didn't need to add custom-made stars, the graphics for their sprites are still in the ROM. :)

By the way, it's possible that Splats didn't use that palette. Not even the Rollers did, in the beta version.

9. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    In ONE beta version. We have another where the roller uses the correct blue palette, which is known to be earlier than the one with the offcolour roller.

10. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    There was a collectable card with a blue Splats.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If I remember correctly, it only had some blue parts that didn't correspond with the way he looks in this palette, as well as a grey head. Also, some other known badniks had wrong colors in those cards... =\

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    No it was Green, with a yellow spring

13. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    The spring looks pastel blue to me. =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.