don't click here

Headphones for Android

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by SteelBrush, Feb 10, 2012.

1. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Since switching to Android before Christmas, I've been looking for a good pair of headphones. I used a pair of Newer Tech headphones for the iPhone, considering they only cost $20, they were surprisingly good. I would have continued using them if my SE Xperia Neo was compatible with them.

Today I received the Marshall Minor headphones I ordered from Amazon. I had read some positive reviews, I liked their appearance and it never stated anywhere that they were for iPhone only. So I plug them into the Xperia Neo, I get exactly the same error message as with the Newer Tech headphones. Luckily the Minors came with an adapter that disables the microphone, so I can still use them for listening to music.

Has anyone had a similar experience with any other of the Xperia phones? I'm guessing that buying a pair of Sony headphones would solve the problem but I'd rather not pay £40 for something that sounds like it cost £4.99.

2. Nova

Nova

In my experience, anything made by Sennheiser is gold. I'm using a pair of CX-150s right now, they've lasted me damned near two years and sound just as good now as the day I bought them. Though for phone usage and remote controls that work well with Android, go with these babies:
    Sony Ericsson MW-600s
    They have great sound quality, work fine with any Android handset and also have the same level of comfort as a good pair of Sennheisers. At £25 you can't do much better than these.