Has anyone seen bpblu's challenges?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hayate, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    http://www.youtube.com/user/bpblu

This guy accepts various obscure challenges for Genesis Sonic games, so I thought it might be of interest here. They're all quite interesting IMO, and many of them are unique, never-before-thought-of kind of things, for example the Out of Controller vids. I think you have to scroll back a little in his videos to see the actual challenges, though.

Certainly nothing for TASers, but in terms of casual play I find it a very original concept. Perhaps we should come up with some of our own? :)

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I want an edited version of Sonic 2 where you can't increase your ring counter by grabbing rings or ring item boxes. Hell, I might make it myself and play it.

3. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    So basically S2 with no rings at all? FFFE20:0000

4. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    Hahaha. Funny. I was watching this guys videos like...yesterday. I came across his stuff when I was looking how to play as Tails and Sonic on Retro Sonic. He is pretty good. He fails a few so you know he doesn't always put up successful ones.

5. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
  6. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    You should try Sonic Advance 2 using only the right pad.
    Wait... We've always done it that way.

7. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I find most of the challenges way too easy..

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Gotta give the guy props for devising such clever, clever ways to waste his time! Seriously, it sounds like a neat idea on paper, but none of these "challenges" of his are particularly challenging, nor entertaining to watch. I don't think anyone out there really cares about someone being able to complete a level with an odd number of rings and all gloryholes activated.

9. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I'm with the select few who actually like some of these guy's challenges (some... not all). They're pretty unique, and some are a little exciting, like the "Dramatic Super Sonic" one or whatever. There's also the Low Score Challenge, in which you collect and destroy absolutely nothing to get a whopping 0 at the end of a stage. The only real downside is how you have to wait like 8 minutes or whatever to eliminate the time bonus, but it's edited out of the videos, anyway.

I might send him a challenge at some point, who knows. :F

10. JDAdams

JDAdams

Hey, someone else did a low score challenge! I've done the entire game like that, and a low ring challenge simultaneously. The minimum score possible is 4800 and the minimum ring total is 26, but both aren't achievable simultaneously as you have to choose to collect a ring or break a run of blocks in one stage. If you try it you'll discover which one. The best combinations are 5200/26 or 4800/27.

Edit: This is all referring to Sonic 1

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The only problem is that this doesn't seem to work with Fusion.
    I'd do it myself if I had that old machine code / asm reference.

12. For Fusion use FFFE21:0000. Fusion uses PAR codes instead of patch codes, which means that if the first byte of the data is 00, only the second byte is moved to the specified address. AKA FFFE20:1000 and FFFE20:0010 are almost the same thing.

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Here is a challenge: beat a clean Sonic 1 rom without touching the D-pad at all.

Go.

14. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    Lol k. Ill just use spind—oh fuck..

Fine. Ill just import spin—GOD DAMN IT.

15. GreigKM

GreigKM

DNA 2.0 Member
    Michigan
    Education and CAD/Programing
    This is entertainment at its finest! Cinema has never been so... challenging?
    How about this: Finish Sonic Adventure without encountering a glitch!

Trial Posts Remaining: 9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.