don't click here

Happy Halloween~

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cinossu, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Funny thing. There's a link to the mobile site at the bottom of every page that's been there for years :v:

Great job as always Marc.

2. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    You know what I meant =P Technically all the previous halloween things are still around but, as with last year's, they actually have to be activated now; they aren't a permanent feature insofar as they're not automatically activated every time you go on the forums, as they would be on halloween.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Omg this is awesome

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Then eat your candy :colbert:

5. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I've already eaten all of mine. :v:

I've never seen that before! :psyduck: This is awesome to know.

I guess nobody can complain about their laptops crashing over these shenanigans now?

6. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Fabulous game, and I figured it out too.

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    But what if I want to play it but can't? :v:

8. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I switched over to viewing the forums with HTTPS last summer. This will hang if you use that. In Chrome I can use the load unsafe scripts option, though.

9. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Like said, it didn't work as intended for me and stayed on the loading screen. So entering the code did bugger all. And going on Mobile also presented the Sonic heroes so that didn't work either. The only way round it for me was to disable javascript so the sonic heroes thing never loaded at all.

I'm not moaning that the Halloween thing wasn't brilliant or anything, because I can't see what it's all about. I'm moaning that it wouldn't work as intended, rendering the forums useless. PC or mobile.

EDIT: I see its gone now so I can enable javascript again.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To which the "it was only a day, go do something else for 24 hours" comes in. I mean, it's only a single day.

Either way, it's all done with now.

11. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    No 'fun' at others' expense (AKA trolling) allowed, eh? Yeah, such tight-asses. But, sure, when I have a little fun by revealing the code, that's going too far.

Anyway, since this is all in the past, and should no longer mean anything, not that it did in the first place, it was just one day after all, here's the code again: findthecomputerroom. There's no fun left in keeping it secret anymore, right?

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Of course it is. Nobody visits this place expecting anyone to be helpful or decent.

13. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Even I'm going to admit this one was fucking annoying to deal with; "figure the code out or don't use the forums for a day" isn't acceptable.

14. For everyone who keeps complaining, quickly coming on to irc would've been the easiest way to figure it out by just asking. I found out within a couple of minutes early yesterday morning.

Now mobile was an issue as A: The actual mobile site just looks like garbage and I don't use it. B: I was actually surprised to see it fully working when using the full site (I use Chrome so there literally was no way to stop it). So aside from not being able to view the forums, this wasn't a big deal.

If you have enough time to complain about how it would take forever to find our what the code was, then you had more than enough time to just quickly jump onto irc and ask for what the blasted thing was.

There are always solutions to problems. This one was quite simple.

+ - Inb4 "why do I have to go on irc, why can't this be handed to me on a silver platter"   :v:

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Hell, why not just get rid of the forum altogether? If you want to know what's going on you can just pop onto IRC!

(In case you didn't get the hint: no.)

EDIT:

And I'm beginning to remember why I left this forum in the first place.

16. Now mind you since when is opening a mibbit tab an inconvenience?
    Also yes what I stated is not a perfect solution (for ex. If someone were to come on in the early morning in in the U.S.), but it is one solution and not a difficult one at that.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This seems like a pretty shitty way of keeping people updated on your fangame or hack or whatever. :v:

18. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Is this real life.

19. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Honestly, the reactions here are almost more entertaining than the Halloween shenanigans. That's all I'm going to say so as to keep a distance from this predictable cycle. My projects need more of my time right now than an argument that isn't going to change whether Cinnosu wants to make all the forum elements rotate and blare dubstep at us for the day. :v:

20. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS

The cute one here Tech Member
    Finland
    AMPS
    Considering each time the site flipped, my pc froze for 5 full seconds, me being unable to do a bloody thing. Then I'd have less than second of time to close a tab until another monitor would hit me. THAT pissed the fuck out of me to be honest. It'd been annoying even without the freeze, but not nearly to the effect of getting pissed. not to mention me not being able to type the phrase I was supposed to write even it being correct. At least Cinossu was kind enough to give it to me, but I had to type it 5 times to make it activate and be able to use the forums. Something like this should be fully unacceptable to do. Please next year do something that doesnt freeze low-end computers, and instead do something fun and/or interesting. Also considering last year, I was under the impression it'd last way longer than 24 hours...