don't click here

Hacks that can be done

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by RattleMan, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    To my knowledge, these hacks have not been done yet:

1. Knuckles in Sonic 1. This idea was touched on, but Knuckles had incomplete sprites, not the right gliding (should have "turn the other way while flying" animation, slidding when landing, hitting badniks in the air and not getting hurt)

2. Tails in Sonic 1. JosetheBest did his hack that allowed Tails to fly in Sonic 2, so why not put Tails in Sonic 1 and give him flight?

3. Spindash in Sonic 1. This idea was touched on, but it had non-existant spinning sprites (you just crouched down and spun), and it didn't have successional charge (more charge = more power and force when you let go).

4. Sonic 1 levels in Sonic 2. This can be done once ESE II is able to import objects with its level porter. Also possible are S2 in S1, S3(or S3K) in S1, S3 in S2, S1 in S3K, S2 in S3K, S1 and S2 in S3K, etc...

I'll edit this when I think of more.

2. Actually I think Hivebrain has already done some hacks of Sonic 2 on Sonicology where Elemerald Hill has been replaced by Sonic 1's Green Hill Zone.

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Actually, Esrael ported the spindash from Sonic 2b into Sonic 1. It was pretty much perfect.

Edit: Actually, now that I played it again, it wasn't perfect at all.

The level porter only ports art data, as far as I know. Porting objects and bosses would take quite a lot of ASM work.

4. I just thought of another hack which I think could be done with the proper programing and sprite editing is the ability to play as Amy in Sonic 1, 2 3 & Knuckles, like the Advance games.

5. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    apart from shes got like 6 or so sprites in her old style.

6. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    then use placeholders... *hints at things like recolors, that even sonic team used* :o

7. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I started doing that. Next version I release will have an almost-perfect recreation of GHZ, with objects and everything.

8. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    Can someone try these? =\

9. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    STOP BUMPING!!!! ??

10. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    bump is what rattle does. Trust me on this one.

11. Kles

Kles

Meh. This thread deserves to be bumped. These are novel ideas. So, any progress on any of these? Anyone?

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    STOP BEING STUPID!!!! ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.