don't click here

Hacking Sonic Rivals?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SonikkuForever, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    First of all, I'd like to establish that I am a total noob when it comes to hacking, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. Anyway, I have the ISO of Sonic Rivals and want to be able to open the game files to find the images of the cards. I've looked around in the ISO and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find (and open!) those files?

2. They're obviously using some kind of compressing, so they're not going to be just 'images'. Unless someone cracks that, hacking isn't going to happen.

3. NickW

NickW

The cards most likely use the native PSP image format, which is gim. So, try seeing if you can find any GIM files. If you can't they are most likely in an archive and/or compressed somewhere.

4. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    I'm finding a lot of PRX files. Is there a way to open them?

5. AFAIK, the PRX files in PSP games are just the PSP's version of hardware driver files, or plugins providing extra functionality, such as music playback, or FMV support to applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.