don't click here

gpSonic Level Ripper Or Launch Base Tile Set

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Overbound, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    The link on the website is dead where can I find the gpSonic Level Ripper?

I just need it to make a launch base tile set if anyone has that.

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
  3. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Read my post SWEET =P

Oh and google was the first place I went again =P

Anyone have a link that actually works?

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    I'm sorry, but "the website" could've been anysite at anytime, Fraid I can't help you then by the looks of things

5. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    No the website means the website that goes with the forum and by THE forum I mean this forum. Anyone with half a brain should be able to figure that out.

I really just need a sprite rip of Launch Base if anyone knows where I can get that.

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    I'm pretty sure that most of us here use the term "The Wiki", rather than "The website"

That wasn't very nice, I was just trying to help.

7. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    OK OK OK we get it.

Stop being assholes.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    well, here are the 8x8 tiles ripped from the save state of LBZ:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/10173949/e4f8649f/LBZ_8x8.html

If I knew where to search for the 16x16 and 128x128 blocks/chunks, I'd rip them too

EDIT: ..and nah, that's my way of having a bit of fun I guess, nothing personal, sorry.

9. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    I just didn't appreciate the tone in the first post as if I was so stupid as to not check the website and google and then the =P.

OK thank you that last post I made before I saw your post. But I'm not really sure what to do with this savestate I tried loading it with Gens and S&K3 maybe its for Sonic 3 only. I'm not really a hacker I'm a fan game maker I was more looking for like a png or bitmap. I'll try it with Sonic 3.

Yeah I guess I don't know how to use this save state...

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
  11. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Thank you very much but they are re sized funny. It looks as if they were all shrunk done to half the size.

12. iojnekns

iojnekns

trouble keeps you runnin' faster Member
    The original file probably isn't - tinypic does that to very large images, I have noticed.

I'm surprised you've not found someone who'll rip the art to .png for you already, you ask so nicely.

13. NickW

NickW

If it helps I reuploaded the level ripper.

14. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    The issue was resolved. People like you just always have to put in your two cents when its obviously not needed or wanted pathetic.

Yoshi 15 Thanks very much this should do the trick and thank you again too MarkeyJester for the effort and the lesson about TinyPic Image Shack rules.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Okay dude, I don't know what's up your ass, but you need to drop that arrogant as fuck attitude right now. Nobody throughout this entire topic has been an ass to anyone except for you. You were vague in your initial topic description; any lack of clarity is solely a result of your own actions and not worth being an ass to the people trying to help you. Frankly, you deserve the smartassed comment ioj threw your way—it should have hit home that your tone isn't appreciated, and that you won't be getting help with that kind of snarky bullshit.

Show others respect and you will get it in return. I can't fathom what made you think this kind of interaction is acceptable.

16. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
  17. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Tweaker read the post right above the one you made the part directed at iojnekns and then pretend I wrote it to you. Seriously the issue was resolved why keep bringing it up after the incident is over. An admin should know better and be trying to keep peace not instigate an argument. But go a head and lay into me if you want I'm done talking about it.

Techokami Thanks I ripped the level already but this is a way better rip than what I had and really helps me a lot.

Launch base is one of the few very original levels in a Sonic game IMO I should be able to use a ton of tiles out of this.

18. iojnekns

iojnekns

trouble keeps you runnin' faster Member
    In the nicest possible way, the 'issue' that you claim is 'resolved' is you being incredibly rude, to some very nice people. Asking someone to do a fairly simple task for you without so much as a 'please' then implying that the first person who tries to help has only 'half a brain' is such a terrible way to conduct yourself it beggars belief. In spite of this, you got exactly what you asked for, and you are still causing a ruckus. It's great how you continually tell anyone who responds that "this issue is resolved" and that there is 'no need for us to throw our 2 cents in,' even though you're continuing to do exactly that each time you reply. Apparently, only you are qualified to have the last word. I must be mistaken, I thought this was a discussion forum? Yet my contributions to the 'discussion' aren't "needed or wanted". Unbelievable. And pathetic? Pathetic is asking someone else to rip the LBZ tiles for you in the first place!

Just be nice. It's preposterous that you need telling. If you're asking for something, be nice and polite about it. Anyone with half a brain should be able to figure that out.

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    And this thread can be locked then to avoid further flamewars.

By the way, iojnekns and Tweaker are right. I seriously hope that Overbound won't get any help should he ask again sometimes in the future.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow. WOW. Are you fucking dense? You go around and act like a complete fucking douchebag to several willing helpers, you consciously leave out information in your main post and refuse to take responsibility for it, you act like you're on some stuck up moral tirade trying to fucking judge other people, you try and act like MarkeyJester—a man who has more of a brain than your incestuously-conceived piss-poor excuse for a cranium will ever muster making use of—has half a brain (this is the funniest part), and you have the fucking nerve to act like I--I, of all fucking people—am the one "instigating" shit as soon as I decided to call you out on your disrespectful bullshit? Really?

Answer a question for me, champ—what commands that you be such a distasteful prick? What compelling force tells you that you must be consistently offensive and disrespectful towards everyone around you, only showing a mild front that somewhat resembles tact when it suits your own purposes? Why the fuck should we help you with anything if this is how you treat people when they don't? Does this make sense to you? Do you consider this a viable, acceptable, appropriate way to act towards other people? What ran through your mind when making those replies? And finally—all of that aside—what makes you think it is acceptable to try and pull your bullshit on me, the person consistently enforcing a policy of against dickery on this forum? And what in the fuck gives you the nerve to try and act like I'm the dick here? Is your ego that fucking inflated? Because it's not like you've done anything to warrant it—your shitty little fan game is certainly sub-par at best, and it's not like you've done anything in the particular realm of contribution to this community to warrant acting like a total elitist prick (not like there's any level of contribution that makes that acceptable, anyway).

You, sir, need to learn a littttttle something about tact, if that word even means anything to you. You are a complete and utter asshole, and I sincerely hope that the next time you try and ask for help on this forum that everybody laughs in your face and takes a verbal dump all over you. They have my fucking permission.

Dick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.