don't click here

Gotta have a lot of patience for this, huh?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OKei, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    So at the very, very end of Final Egg, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtkugzC6Uo&fmt=18" target="_blank">there's this platform that takes you up to a room where, if you can stomach the long slow-ass ride up, you can find four extra lives.</a>

Has anyone actually waited for the damn thing to come down?

EDIT: Its funny how there's all these extra little paths and rooms with goodies in SA1 that are analogous to the earlier 2D Sonic titles. I never see those again (Aside from perhaps those Advance titles.)

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Apparently other people have because I've heard of those 1-ups being up there. Polygon Jim one of the ones who did.

I myself never knew just how long it took the thing to go; I assumed it never came down all the way, actually! This is the first time I've seen it in action.

3. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I've done it quite a lot of times myself really for the hell of it XD But yeah it takes forever, but for a nice little treat =P

4. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Yeah I know about that one, first time I got to that area I used it for it's slow slow trip.

5. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    I knew about that one too. It seems Final Egg's full of a lot of mini-alternate pathways loaded with rings and 1ups (anyone else know about the tunnel in the third part of the stage, at the third time you face those crawling, explosive enemies, where Sonic can jump back up into the tunnel, follow it and find a room with a cache of ring item boxes and a few dozen rings next to it, and at the top of the room is a line of rings heading upward that Sonic can light dash?)...

... Anyway, I've been able to collect over 1000 rings in Final Egg a number of times before, collecting all the available rings and lucking out a few times with the (?) ring item boxes.

6. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    This is the kind of tidbit that needs to get <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Final_Egg" target="_blank">added to the wiki!!1!</a>

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <!--quoteo(post=316133:date=Jun 6 2009, 01:08 PM:name=Frozen Nitrogen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frozen Nitrogen @ Jun 6 2009, 01:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316133">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is the kind of tidbit that needs to get <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Final_Egg" target="_blank">added to the wiki!!1!</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Quite a lot can be said about final egg, it feels the most "beta" out of all the zones because there are so many small places you can reach by spindashing up walls. The shooting range before the end where E-102 shoots puppets, there is an above area just after the 2nd wave of pink robots you can get to that has rings shaped out like a pac man or something.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Actually that's in the shape of Sonic's head. There's a mission that uses that as a clue in SADX.

9. JDAdams

JDAdams

<!--quoteo(post=316165:date=Jun 6 2009, 05:02 PM:name=muteKi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (muteKi @ Jun 6 2009, 05:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316165">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually that's in the shape of Sonic's head. There's a mission that uses that as a clue in SADX.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Watched this and thought of that area. If it hadn't been for the mission I'd never have found it. Took me ages even once I had the hint. Since I'd never found that area I was looking for any vaguely spiky arrangements of rings.

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

<!--quoteo(post=316107:date=Jun 6 2009, 07:27 AM:name=Kei)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kei @ Jun 6 2009, 07:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316107">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->EDIT: Its funny how there's all these extra little paths and rooms with goodies in SA1 that are analogous to the earlier 2D Sonic titles. I never see those again (Aside from perhaps those Advance titles.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There's a lot of them in SA2 as well. One of the hills in Sky Rail has 6+ lives tucked in small rooms and ledges, and one of the pumkin ghosts hills has two lives too.

11. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    <!--quoteo(post=316275:date=Jun 6 2009, 05:52 PM:name=0r4ng3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (0r4ng3 @ Jun 6 2009, 05:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316275">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=316107:date=Jun 6 2009, 07:27 AM:name=Kei)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kei @ Jun 6 2009, 07:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316107">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->EDIT: Its funny how there's all these extra little paths and rooms with goodies in SA1 that are analogous to the earlier 2D Sonic titles. I never see those again (Aside from perhaps those Advance titles.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There's a lot of them in SA2 as well. One of the hills in Sky Rail has 6+ lives tucked in small rooms and ledges, and one of the pumkin ghosts hills has two lives too.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You know Shadow. eh shares Pum'ken Heyl we gotsta find m' lost peace with Knuckles and Doesn't afraid of Rails

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    <!--quoteo(post=316276:date=Jun 6 2009, 02:56 PM:name=The Pulse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Pulse @ Jun 6 2009, 02:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316276">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You know Shadow. eh shares Pum'ken Heyl we gotsta find m' lost peace with Knuckles and Doesn't afraid of Rails<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    O_o

This is the first time I even knew this place existed. Hot damn, this just makes SA1 feel even closer to the old Genesis games. They should do at least a little bit of this in the next main series game.

13. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    oh yes, I've waited for that platform many a time. In fact, I've even put springs into that area that remove the waiting time =D

14. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    While we're on the subject of Final Egg there are actually a few interesting things to take note of. One of which is this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXZgzHxMDoE&feature=channel_page" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXZgzHxMDoE...re=channel_page</a>

Introducing the first ever way to get Sonic into part of Amy's Final Egg.

You'll need a special media player to view this but if you look at the video of Sonic's Final egg you'll notice that he goes through the ceiling and there is a capsule. As a result the player beats Final Egg in 8 Seconds!

<a href="http://www.soniccenter.org/videos/sonic_adventure_dx" target="_blank">http://www.soniccenter.org/videos/sonic_adventure_dx </a>

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    My mind is blown from the second video.

16. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    <!--quoteo(post=316729:date=Jun 7 2009, 10:28 PM:name=muteKi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (muteKi @ Jun 7 2009, 10:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316729">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My mind is blown from the second video.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As was mine. A number of those speed runs have done the same thing to me numerous times.

17. Pelord

Pelord

Warning signs for hire Oldbie
    I was looking for that capsule for like... 10 years. I remember when someone told me he could beat Final Egg in about 6-8 seconds, but he wouldn't tell me how, so I didn't believe him.

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That has to be the slowest platform I have ever seen. I don't think I would ever wait that long just for four lives, but that's a neat find.

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Wow at that sonic final egg clip, it's like they moved it off the edge after some beta testing thinking no one would get it, or something.

SA keeps on delivering after all these years.

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I can't seem to get on. Can anyone mirror it to YouTube please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.