Good news in the world of dude

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Well, bad news with shadow adventure. I had a disk format and everything went bye-bye. Except for my essentials (Shadow model, textures, custom models), all the fun stuff like object layouts and level hacks kinda died with it. However, I have already started to rebuild and it is going to be better this time. Most of the new stuff is miles ahead of my old work anyways, so don't sweat the loss of shadv. It'll be better this time around. Oh and check out the one new screenshot of the new build.

[​IMG]

(Anything in the demo that is widespread I didn't lose, obviously, so that stuff is in the new build... with improvments)

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Looks impressive. That level reminds me of Pumpkin Hill from SA2.

Although why put Tails doll in? He is freaky.

3. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    looks good, I like the model work on Shadow.

4. Skaarg

Skaarg

Looking very nice. Is that the tails doll I see? *crawls into a corner in fear*

5. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Awesome!

6. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I see the Badge Tails Recieves to spin repeatedly. The level looks like a slightly redone Red Mountian... But I see Grinding, and I like.

7. Shade

Shade

Yes, do those rails imply grinding? Either way this is looking sweet. Can't wait for a release.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    They're not rails, guys. The engine can't handle it, and we're not to the point where we can reprogram the game like that. :P

9. Shade

Shade

Yeah, I could tell they were the guard rails for those suspended green metal paths. It just seemed like maybe he would be using them for some grinding mechanic, but I guess not. Oh well, I still stand by what I said in that this is looking very nice.

10. shadow11

shadow11

Pending Member
    Sorry if this is bumping, but yeah, its just a hack of SA1, which doesn't support grinding in the engine. Hacks are for working around the engine to make a minor change like character bipeds, or drast changes like Shadow Adventure. It looks like you pass by using homing on the enemies in that pic, anyway.

11. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Giving information that would give people wisdom is good, but if your repeating what's already been said like it's new info, that's NO GOOD.

12. shadow11

shadow11

Pending Member
    Sorry, I read a few posts and wanted to clear the whole "GRINDING!" thing up. I'll try to keep from repeating posts. :D

13. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    It's okay really, but you best refrain from bumping topics anyway, and get all the info you can get. But it's only your first mistake, Even though It is your first two posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.