don't click here

Ginger fully playable in Clockwork Knight 2

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Ritz, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdTSvoRAgp8

Only works in Clockwork Knight Fukubukuro (Japan-only compilation). Code is up up down down left right left right L R L R on the mode select screen, then start a game on Part 2. Credit goes to Yakumo of Assembler for digging it up (apparently?) and Tongara for immediately telling me about it. From what I gather, it was only published once in some magazine. This is pretty fucking big!

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I like the choice of music

But from what I read on the wiki, he was already playable in the "Bosses Galore" option? So maybe this was part of the original plan. Clockwork Knight 2 is an odd game - I think the first two bosses can be controlled by the second player with the correct codes.

I need to play this again some day - I don't even remember the bosses galore mode it's been that long.

3. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Jumped the gun, code also works in the US version, which is a later revision of the game- EU and JP releases seem to be missing the box screen and associated extras (Movies, Bosses Galore, title screen that adds a character each time you complete the game/changes entirely on holidays, and now Ginger!).

4. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Any cheat that uses the Konami code should never be considered "found".

5. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    It wasn't even found, it was handed to us. 17 years ago. The shame is palpable.