don't click here

Get a load of—

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Stealth, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Actually Knuckles is the cpu, Im the flying motobug :v: ...I was playing as tails but entered "object place mode"

2. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I like that new level you added there Stealth. Very creative idea! I especially like the heavy use of paralax scrolling.

3. Skaarg

Skaarg

Very nice. I'm liking this a lot. :thumbsup:

Just out of curiousity, is there any chance of a PPC linux build? I would love to try this out on my PS3.

4. NinjaMan

NinjaMan

You made a Linux build! <3

5. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    From what I've read, sleep mode is a real pain in the neck to account for with homebrew applications. Maybe Stealth can go into a little more detail on that.

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

You made a ppc mac build. That is nice! I only wish I had an idea how to use it to make my own Sonic game, but I have no programing knowledge, and the online instructions don't help me much. I can't even get started. Oh well, at least I can play what E02 creates. I wish I could make my own Sonic game, but I need help. SIGH

7. This is probably pretty late to say, but the demo is impressive. The physics, the framerate, man, it's all right.

But the art in the one demo stage that was personally crafted, no bueno. I dig it, I like what you tried to do, but no way mang, just didn't work for me.

8. Conan Kudo

Conan Kudo

「真実はいつも一つ!」工藤新一 Member
    I'm glad E02 has a Linux port now. I tried it out and I was utterly impressed.

9. KingKombat

KingKombat

Just tried the Sonic version on my Mac, runs awesome at full speed.
    It's runs almost exactly like Sonic 3, too. A bit more loose in my opinion.

10. klnva

klnva

ya! Member
    You could easily make this a lot bigger by adding a usermap database, like what metanet did with N by making NUMA.

11. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Can't download the Sonic 1 add-on from the site. If someone has it (and it still works with the current engine), I'd love to get ahold of it.

There's a couple other things I noticed:

- Placing either of the two large circular objects in the test zone and then rolling on/in them accelerates you to insane speeds. Is this something that happens in the original Sonic games?

- A rock in Green Hill 2 (just after the shoes) killed me when I flew into it from the bottom as Tails. Other rocks I tried were fine. WTH happened here? (Edit: This is repeatable, but sometimes he dies, and other times he goes inside the rock.)

- Carrying a partner Tails as Tails (yes, a Tails clone team) makes the non-flyer's tails disappear. Why were the 'pushing/hanging' animations not used here?

- Oddly sped-up walking animations appeared at times, much faster than anything seen in even Sonic 3. Is this an issue with the player object, perhaps?

Edited to add:

- Tails is able to go into flight instantly from a jump. This is not possible in Sonic 3, and because of the physics involved, it's for good reason. If you press Z and C in a 'plinking' manner in E02, Tails gets insane height. Couple this with a speed shoes, and it's GG, GHZ2. (I'm not sure exactly how many frames of delay there is between starting a jump and being able to go into flight mode, but I can assure you it's not just 1 or 2).

12. SR212787

SR212787

Gallifrey, TN
    Sonic 2
    This is awesome. I wanna use the program they are using :( Too bad we only got the test level, I want to play more.

EDIT: OKAY, I just figured out that you can use this but I have no idea how to start. There is a lot of documentation but its not clear how to really get started. It looks like a great editor, but I can't figure it out :(

13. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    Anybody having REALLY long loading times on the Wii?

14. Impish

Impish

Funny, I downloaded the PC and DOS versions, yet the DOS one runs better. Needless to say good job my man, very nice engine.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I do, but it might have to do with the kind of SD card we're using.

16. Maneo

Maneo

I lol'd very hard.

I'm trying the Sonic demo, and it is honestly BAD ASS. I freakin' love it!

I'm definitely gonna stick this on my PSP

However, many of the download links around the site seem to be broken. Halp?

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Just tried the PC version, and I came my pants, but what do I have to do to get it working on PSP? I can't find an eboot anywhere.

Is there a Dreamcast port in store for us?

18. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Umm, a little bit of loading here. Just using a store brand 1GB SD card.

How finalized is the engine at this point? Maybe the thing just needs to be optimized some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.