don't click here

German people, I need your help

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by RamiroR, Jul 26, 2011.

1. RamiroR

RamiroR

I have to make a DVD that has to be played in Germany and I need to know whether DVDs in Germany are NTSC or PAL, also which Region corresponds to Germany. According to wikipedia, Germany uses the PAL standard, but I want to make sure because so does Argentina(supposedly, I guess), but we actually use NTSC on DVDs. So yeah, to know that would be of great help.

2. PAL, Region 2

Cheers

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Argentina only uses PAL-N for analog TV, I swear. Everything else is using NTSC =/

4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Is it even possible to set region coding on homemade DVDs? Last I checked, that required a CSS license and special drives and media that could write the CSS encryption data.

That being said, most home-level DVD authoring tools don't enforce any region coding, so discs will be produced with "region 0"; that is, they'll be playable in every region. (You'll still need to use PAL format, since it's Germany, but the region coding shouldn't affect it.)

5. RamiroR

RamiroR

Yeah I have no idea about region coding actually, I was asking it just in case. But that is good news, (having Region 0) so that solves the problem. Thanks

6. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    It barely matters anymore since by now every 20$ player can bypass regions, handle both pal and ntsc, play divx movies, and so on.