don't click here

Genesis Emulator for Mac

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've been using Kega Fusion on my macbook pro, but the thing is so fucking hardware intensive that it kills the battery in like 2 hours. Is there some setting that will fix that or a better emulator that won't rape my computer and burn my crotch in the process?

2. dsrb

dsrb

The only other one I've used is Genesis Plus*, but I don't know how its performance stacks against Fusion.

Edit: That is, because I've never run into any problems with Fusion being hardware-intensive; however, I can't judge either way because my battery died years ago and the MacBook is always plugged in.

* Bannister's site is a great resource for Mac ports of emulators and related stuff, by the way. Also, Audio Overload is awesome.

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    There is also Generator.

Literally only just found this, don't know what it is like.

4. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    As you're using a Macbook I'm guessing that you can't use OS9, when I was using a PPC to emulate I always used the old OS9 emulator, I can't remember what it was called. The emulation wasn't perfect but it was more stable than Gensis Plus or Generator, it also worked perfectly with my USB Saturn pad.

5. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    If I remember right, on my old computer, Kega would use up all of my CPU... that is, until I realized you could change that.

Options -> Sleep while waiting

Try enabling that and see if it makes a difference.

Edit: Oh whoops, bump... sort of. Oh well. 5 AM.