don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andeed

Andeed

Holy pug in a pizza box... Member
    Wales, UK
    Sonic 1 AS3 Engine
    Ahh, this look sick!! :D
    Really nice job, there :thumbsup:
    Also, why can't I scroll below the image? Have you disabled something? I had to quote someone to be able to reply...

2. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Tails looks great and I really do feel you got his look perfectly.

@Andeed

I had the same problem and did the same thing.

3. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Yeah, I see what you're talking about now. I'll check it out.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I prefer the muzzle on the Uber version. It's nice all the same though.

I also had the same scrolling problem. I pressed reply instead.

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I've got to ask, what is the guestimate for minimal system requirements? I know we're not going to know for sure until it's play tested on plenty of people's hardware but any idea what the S2HD team want to aim for?

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Ah, no more fat legs. That had always bothered me before.

7. zemulii

zemulii

Looks a lot better. Can't wait to see how he's animated.

Edit: Staff Attack Part 3 please. I don't think we even know who the full set of staff members are yet which is pretty sad.

Also, do the chicken next :D (or the small animals rather). That would be fun. I'd love to see the whole set.

8. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I have no idea if this has ever been addressed, but I have not read anything about sound effects other than "new sound effects for specific places" or something. Are the sound effects going to receive any enhancements? Considering everything in the game is being remade from scratch, I would imagine a little bit of modernizing details on the sounds would be appropriate.

9. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

Saxman has written a new sound engine for use with S2HD, but there likely won't be any new SFX in the alpha. We would like to have some new ones eventually, but you can see why it's not a priority right now.

10. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Understandable (new sound engine? interesting too). I would love to help with sounds, that's one of my best subjects.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That Tails looks pretty good. Nice to see you guys got his muzzle and eyes spot on, in the end.

12. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I love the new shading style, it makes everything much more interesting! It'd be great to see some screen shots including both characters though, to see how they look together, and with the level.

13. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    The Sonic 2 HD Facebook page says:

I'm not sure if the bit about online multiplayer had been definitely addressed by a team member previously, so yeah.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow, Tails turned out really cute! Nice job, guys. :D

15. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I'm loving the Tails sprite. He's just plain adorable. Excellent work.

16. Jebusman

Jebusman

Canada
    The lack of ginormous legs is probably the single greatest improvement about this Tails. He looks..... well he looks like Tails.

17. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Tails chest and legs are much better that way. As for the tails, I can't wait to see them flying. Excellent work guys :thumbsup:

18. Retroman

Retroman

I love how cuddly and cute Tails looks, and also Sonic too! :)

Quality is really top-notch, It feels like art in motion (literally it is) and so far the design for the Alpha is really neat!

A few ideas here and there. First, the music in the final boss. The intro part resembles emergency sirens playing in his death egg, which is true since Robotnik is bringing out his Robot Mecha. The music should fit the mood of determination, hope and struggle with the same millitary drum pattern and the timpani getting louder before the bridge.

Apart from that, great work to everyone involved with this! I love how this is going and looking forward to more updates and progress along the way! :thumbsup:

19. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Awesome Tails sprite. Love the Final of it.1 Question I have though, which I have never understood :P. Why is Tails 2nd tail more to the left than to the right? (sprite one) It has always bugged me as to me it looks wrongly in propotions or makes the 2nd Tail look twice as long as the other. I always have wondered it even since I played sonic 2 when I was young. And Im not saying anything wrong to the people who re edited it, I just say about the original sprite. To me, it looks propetly when the tail is to the right and behind the first.

20. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

It was an aesthetic choice, not a practical one. The whole point of the project is for things to look good, so that took precedence in designing Tails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.