don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vangar, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will the game be compatible with controllers?

2. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    It already is.

3. Never mind then. 0_O I suppose I should have guessed that anyway.

4. Ever? I mean, it's 2009 and many of us still play games from 1991... I'm sure you'll have your chance to run Sonic 2 HD. The project itself still has a long time to go, and even if you don't have the desire to renew your hardware, what you have now will not last forever.

5. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Oh, actually..DistroyA have a PPC, that's the main problem... but in the long life I suppose he is going to get a new computer...meh, whatever.

6. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Yeah, IF I can get the funds for it. And that won't be any time soon. ;)

Still, I hope this project does turn out fantastic. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

7. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    Then sell what you want, get money, and you're on your way. If that's not enough, good used computers are a bit cheap, that will get you on your way. And remember to recycle your old PC.

8. DistroyA

DistroyA

Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Thanks for the advice, but seriously, it's wasted on a Mac-fag like myself, of whom hoards what he owns. Nice try though. :3

Anyway, we're going off topic here. Steer it back to talking about the fucking project, and not what I should do and shouldn't do to play something I might end up being disappointed with...

9. Shanesan

Shanesan

To a fellow mac-fag: Upgrade. Seriously. The PowerPC world of old Mac is like an old man clinging to 8-track. We have CDs now.

10. DistroyA

DistroyA

Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Yeah, and I would if I had one important thing, of which I've mentioned at least once now. Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm trying to save up money for getting a house with a couple of friends (and that's difficult as it is, what with the hours they give me at work). Now will you people quit making suggestions about what I should and shouldn't do when it's pointless to do so?

Sheesh, it's like talking to a fucking brick wall on these forums...

So....

That Sonic guy seems like a pretty cool guy. Eh kicks Eggman's ass and doesn't afraid of anything

11. BreakTheChains

BreakTheChains

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of when this project might be done. I've been following it from the start and honestly it's getting very hard to contain myself what with the great music and art floating around.

Also no offense DistroyA (especially since I haven't been following this conversation the entire time), but you should attempt to get a Mac with an Intel processor. Mostly so you can take advantage of Snow Leopard which runs insanely fast so far. If you have a monitor already you could get a Mac Mini for cheap. And in your defense, if the game will run on a Mac at all, it should be compiled as a Universal binary so PPC and Intel proc users can both play it, so you and others won't have to get a new computer just to play Sonic 2 HD.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Less Macfag chat, more on topic, please. He's already tried to get us back on topic twice.

13. DistroyA

DistroyA

Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Very true. The thing that was pissing me off more was the fact that I KNOW what I need. It's affording it any time soon that's the problem, so I don't need more idiots telling me what hardware I need. :argh:

Right, now I've got the rest of that rant off my chest, proceed with the rest of the topic of Sonic 2 HD. :)

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Shall I ready the guillotine, good sir?

You know, I was kinda dubious of the suggestion of outlining Sonic, but I saw the first example and my mind quickly changed.

In my little warped and crazy mind, I would make Sonic and the other characters (inc. Robotnik) have cartoon stylings, make all the robots 3-d rendered, and who knows what for the level art.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The ideal thing would be just leaving the graphics format open in some way, so future teams can take their time in making alternate graphics sets for the main characters, enemies, objects, backgrounds, menus, whatever, in any way they might like better, and then the best sets could be offered as downloads in the official project site.

16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    That sounds like an excellent idea.

[​IMG]
    OH HAI. THIS IS MY NEW GAME STARING JIMMAY THA HADGEHOG.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    That's some terrible photoshopping.

18. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Oh hell.

19. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Although recolours are a terrifying idea, it brings up a good point. The weather COULD be customizable. Green Hill Zone by dawn/night? A stormy night on Sky Chase Zone? I'd love to see rain in Aquatic Ruin Zone. The music might need remixes to fix the mood.

Just brainstorming here.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Why is that so evil, again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.