don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vangar, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Alright, am I the only one who think that Bibin should stop posting in this thread?

2. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    Thank you for those useful suggestions Taxman, I've updated the plan with those instead:

Sonic 2 HD Project Plan v1.1 (23rd April '08)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ookawq

It's perfectly alright, I accept that your project has progressed down a different line to what the community wants to do here. I think people have made clear that they really want to see the physics replicated exactly as they were in the original, which leaves us no choice but to work from the dissasembly. Though your advice when you are available to offer it to the project is greatly appreciated since we are still on the lookout for C++ programmers that can help us make this a reality.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'd rather you wait until I get my own versions of the tracks up before you start making more. I'm not gonna shell them out in three seconds flat, like it seems you did. I've got plans, so let me go through with them please. :P

4. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    That mystic cave zone is brilliant. The horns around the second part could be a little less interjecting, but it sounds great overall.
    The Chemical Plant Music sounds great, but some of the instruments are a bit unfitting. The rest... are pretty alright, but the instrumentation could use work. The Boss music has lots of incorrect notes in it.

Also guys, I want to apologize for being such a dick in this thread (and outside); I see now what tweaker was trying to say and it makes sense; we should focus on the main aspects of the game before focusing on extras. I sent Tweaker a PM about this with a more specific apology; I'll try to make actual contributions now that are related.

I made some Emerald Hill Zone music; it doesn't really sound new enough though, and the instrumentation is very weird. I need some good samples; suggestions would be appreciated, but hate mail is accepted too:

http://theantibib.sitesled.com/EmeraldHill.mp3

Loop it, as that's how it is intended.

EDIT: Spelling​

5. A question, how will the title cards be done? Redrawn in a new stlye or just the same as the Genesis with a redrawn font?

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Have you guys decided on who's leading the project yet? I need to assign moderator abilities so you guys can split this topic up.

7. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    I am extremely reluctant to lead this project because of RL commitments, but I am happy to help coordinate things somewhat. I think the power of the modonosphere *white light shines from sky* should definitely go to Vincent first and foremost since he has spearheaded this whole thing.

8. <!--quoteo(post=190255:date=Apr 24 2008, 05:38 PM:name=love.self.hate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (love.self.hate @ Apr 24 2008, 05:38 PM) [​IMG]</a>

9. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    I say Vincent, unless you guys have done anything about this yet. He seems to be putting the most effort into this project, and should lead the others.

And that is a nice title card.

Ninja'd: I need to read better.

10. Regarding Sonic 2 HD on the title cards. I would support having it there. I also support modifying the title screen to add the HD (while keeping everything else the same). I just think some kind of identification is important and these changes seem minimally invasive on the original game.

11. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Hello fellow members of Sonic Retro! I am new to hacking, and joined the website to learn how to make a decent hack of Sonic games.

I made the new wiki page for Sonic 2 HD, which is in need of expansion. If you would like to help, check out the site, and simply add the plans for the remake.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 HD wiki article

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Cool, I was thinking of doing this earlier. I've added my music to the page using mp3 tags; I'll add more as they're officially decided upon.

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
  14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Which reminds me, do we want to throw in the DCT Sweet Sweet Sweet for the ending?

15. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Please god no.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    We clearly need to use the Akon remix from Sonic Next!

Hearing a black man sing in nasally Japanese has never been so satisfying.

17. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Why not have the sweet sweet song be unlocked for the second playthrough, and that other remix for the third time. Hell, unlockables won't hurt the replay value.

18. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    ...The post above you was sarcastic, genius.

19. Phazon

Phazon

I could help out with a advertising banner. What about iron-on ads for t-shirts advertising s2beta and Sonic2HD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.