don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Yes I did mention on that. It's only a placement for now till my edit version get implemented in, and thank you for the comment. I am willing to listen some constructed criticisms and opinions too.

2. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    A new video of my beta build of HHW.
    Again, I like to apologize for the video bad quality.
    Enjoy and let me know what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTdc53rhbg

3. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Looks good. Is this video of the first zone in the game? If so, I would move the invincibility shield further out in the level. When you first get into a game you need a moment to take in the atmosphere, but when you so quickly interrupt that with the change in music and super-speed it disrupts that and the result is less satisfaction. It comes off as amature. This is only my opinion, and only applies if this is your first level...

4. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    It's the second level of the game and thank you for pointing out the super speed and the invincibility shield. We will put it further in the zone and we're reworking on a new layout for act 1. I completed the layout for act 2 already and things are progressing :)

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8tTlc-Ajzc

So this came out the other day. Classic Sonic 3D Adventure. It's kind of like what Lost World would have been if it copied Super Mario 3D World instead of Super Mario Galaxy. It's actually kinda fun. Granted the game is not without its problems but it's a nice little 3D fan game, which is rare in and of itself. I hope the creator keeps tweaking it a bit, or at least fixes some bugs (and the flickies that stare into your soul...). But yea if you're looking for a decent little Sonic romp I'd recommend this.

I would bind the keys to a controller though. The Sega Saturn controller I have actually works kinda well with this.

6. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I remember back in the BlitzSonic days, Chishado did this really cool Lost World map that I really fell in love with. At one point I wanted to try porting it to Sonic Generations, even. So I really respect his abilities, but... well, there's no way to say this without sounding rude, but I really do not like this at all.

No gamepad controls are a pretty big problem, yeah. I don't have Xpadder or Joy2key or anything set up on this PC, and being forced to use a keyboard is ridiculous. Especially when all the menus use the "E" key to confirm, but jump and roll are Z and X. I hit Enter in the hopes there'd be options of some kind and was shocked I had to move my left hand two rows up to get out of the menu, and then two rows back down to get back to playing the game.

Blender turns out to be an astoundingly poor choice to make this in, too. I've heard stories about other Blender games having performance troubles, and this would be my first time experiencing it first-hand. I just built this PC; it's got a 4th generation Core i5 and 16gb of RAM. Even with my four-year-old Radeon HD 7860, there's really no excuse for a game with visuals this simplistic to be dipping in to the teens.

I appreciate what he's going for, but I wish he would've used Unity or something a little more standard. Could've solved at least some of these problems :/ Just because Blender CAN make games doesn't mean anyone should use it to

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This is definitely something I would like to see remade in a more competent engine like sonic gdk or unity for sure. The pieces are there but the foundation is messy. Idk maybe someone would be willing to do that with the guys permission or something

And yea blender. Idk too much about it but if it's the same thing that was used in those ratboygenius videos I don't think id use it for a game engine.

8. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    No this is not Green Hill Zone
    [​IMG]

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Mildly curious as to what this may be.

10. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    It's beautiful. I love the way the palettes were handled. Excellent job wink wnik

11. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    [media]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0eVmN5BYI
    [/media]
    I thought I'd test the waters a little by posting a video of a fangame I made, taking heavy inspiration from Sonic games (and in the above case, a level). I'm using the gameplay as the basis for an original IP I've begun production on. The gameplay for this level is a lot slower than that of the others but since it was set in Labyrinth Zone, I thought it fitting. ^_^

To fit with the style of the game, the tiles that aren't custom are generally borrowed from the hand-held Sonic games.

12. FlashG27

FlashG27

Jeez, I messed up the video quality. Anyway, here's a teaser video of my game. hope you guys like it. :)/>

13. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    That looks okay, but at the same time pretty generic. The only unique thing I saw is that new shield ability, which looks interesting, but at the same time a bit too powerful. You can skip big chunks of levels with that.

14. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Thinking of returning to my project Sonic Neon and giving it a second shot providing I can find another team member. I think the concept which I haven't fully revealed just yet has a lot of potential and I'd love to see a demo come out of it one day. I've posted these screens before but for those who haven't seen them yet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    That look amazing 360.

16. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Thanks man. :) I worked really hard on that particular level. If I can get another team member to help me then there should be a demo soon.

17. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    https://twitter.com/GreatLange/status/767261675456045057

18. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    I wouldn't mind contributing

19. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Now that's an interesting idea! Thanks for your interest man. Check your PMs. :)

20. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    Looks good! Yes, even as a teaser.