don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Hello, I don't know if this deserves a new thread, as I'm not working on a Sonic hack : my project is a game made with TGF named "Furoppu !", featuring the character I created back in 2002 (or 2003, I must retrieve the copy where I drew it for the first time). The game is a platformer, with lots of inspirations from old 2D games in everything (engine, music, graphics, etc.), such as Rayman, Crusader of Centy, Misadventures of Flink, and many others... and of course Sonic.

It is meant to be slower than Sonic, while the main character, Flop, borrows some moves from other heroes. Here is the plot :

"Flop is a Paradise Flycatcher (Tchitrec in French) with no wings. He loves soda and soccer, so he wears soccer shoes and is always seaking for his favorite drink : the Coca Linden made by the Blorgl© Company, a giant in the drinks industry. The wingless Flycatchers love their drinks for the taste, but also because the company had the idea to use a slogan from an old brand that was saying that drinking their products would give them wings.

But one day, a Blorgl© employee discovered that the company was searching but did not find the real recipe that would give wings yet. He was busted and fired, but he managed to stole some clues about how to make the legendary drink, he then tried it by laucnhing his own brand. The effects of the unstable recipe were devastating among to customers, and Flop decided to stop this humbug himself."

<div align='center'>[​IMG]</div>

The engine is nearly finished (missing the special stages and the bosses), then I'll do the musics that are not done yet (I've done seven of them at the moment), and finally I'll make the graphics of the environments for all the levels. The game has an official website, but it is in French :

Furoppu ! Website : Flop Factory

It wasn't updated for a week because of the beginning of a new year of studies, but now that I have my schedule, it should be updated regularly again. :)

The last thing I did was the HUD :

[​IMG]

Obviously, since a lot of members here don't speak French, I'll post important updates about the game here. But I don't know where, is this topic good for that or should I create a new one even if it is not a Sonic game ?

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I say create a new thread. This is "Engineering & Reverse Engineering" after all, not "Sonic Hacks and Fangames". At worst, it could be moved to the "Creative Works" forum.

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Yeah, since its not under "Sonic the Hedgehog" or anything...
    [​IMG]

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    In that case, Technical Discussion?

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    That's where I posted nineKolumns back then. I've never been sure about the distinction between General Gaming and Technical Discussion when it comes to fangames...

6. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    That's not a big deal, I'll go in the Creative Works forum to post the news about my game. I've no problem with that, don't worry. ;)

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member

I was actually thinking of using the Marble Garden (S3) Zone grass.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Don't, that looks fantastic

9. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Yeah, I know, but I really don't want collision tiles. Well, I guess it wouldn't be that bad I suppose.

10. There isn't enough shading under the grass, it's just...there. I think if you add that it'll look perfect :thumbsup:

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    More shading huh/ Looks like I'm gonna be in Photoshop for a while.

12. Tidbit

Tidbit

Well, heres the new level art for 8bit man:
    [​IMG]
    Looks better yes?

13. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I am hesitant to show anything off regarding this game until it's ready, primarily because I feel like I over-saturated stuff with updates on TFH's development before it shifted to the back burner yet again, but:

I have rapidly dwindling confidence in my ability to do the platforming-focused "slower sections" of the Genesis games, but I feel pretty good about what I have here? What do you guys think?

Obviously this is far from finished and just barebones level layout at this point.

14. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    "Not produced by or under licensed by SEGA" Hah, I love that.

15. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Did you make that 3D sonic? It looks awesome and would make a great 2D sprite à la Sonic 3

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    It's the Sonic the Fighters head on the BlitzSonic body.

17. Felik

Felik

[​IMG]
    More progress on Marble... whatever zone

18. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Jeez bro, that's some gorgeous artwork there. Loving the rotating platforms.

19. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    Wow, Felik! That level is kickass! It's an awesome thing that you implemented the platform wheel, ala Marble Garden Zone!

Keep it up!

20. Felik

Felik

[​IMG]