don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. dsrb

dsrb

Yeah, it needs some more visual evidence that it's the bad future. As it is, it just looks a bit cloudy; I probably wouldn't mind having a walk through it. :P

2. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    <!--quoteo(post=469335:date=Jun 18 2010, 09:57 PM:name=Cinossu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cinossu @ Jun 18 2010, 09:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=469335">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, you need grey/dirty water in there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh its in there, its more of a chemical plant dark purple water, but obvioulsy the palcycle loads over it so I need to edit it the same way. I'm keeping the water tubes, I like them. The constructions site is an idea, might have ago at that. And the trees in the past will be palm like trees, we'll see how big they will be in the end.

3. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Purple/pink water could work great here, a la Palmtree Panic's Bad Future, though you could also make it tan. Give the trees an orange color, too, to represent dried and unhealthy foliage. Keep the blue walls, though -- they look good. Overall, I agree that it's not bad future-y enough -- it feels very calm.

Here; let me show you what I mean:
    [​IMG]

Something like this -- poisoned pink water, dried orange grass, rust-colored tree leaves. Now -this- looks like a bad future.

Hope this helped you out. ;)

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

I worked a bit more on that stage for SADX.

5. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    <!--quoteo(post=469342:date=Jun 18 2010, 10:09 PM:name=Blue Emerald)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blue Emerald @ Jun 18 2010, 10:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=469342">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Purple/pink water could work great here, a la Palmtree Panic's Bad Future, though you could also make it tan. Give the trees an orange color, too, to represent dried and unhealthy foliage. Keep the blue walls, though -- they look good. Overall, I agree that it's not bad future-y enough -- it feels very calm.

Here; let me show you what I mean:
    [​IMG]

Something like this -- poisoned pink water, dried orange grass, rust-colored tree leaves. Now -this- looks like a bad future.

Hope this helped you out. ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <strike>Um thanks for the help, though I don't need it. I all ready said previously I have purple water, but thanks I know what I'm doing.</strike>
    Edit: Nevermind thanks.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

Atomic Sonic Part II
    <!--quoteo(post=469354:date=Jun 18 2010, 02:26 PM:name=Polygon Jim)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Jun 18 2010, 02:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=469354">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

I worked a bit more on that stage for SADX.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Something about this stage gets me really excited.

7. Trujin

Trujin

The Bad Seed. Member
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFfivHFPF7o&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFfivHFPF7o&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

Very early stage, I just downloaded Snagit 5.0 and wanted to record something, no audio though. Does anyone have a better method of recording video?

8. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Kega Fusion comes packed with a video codec. You could easily re-render the video in Camtasia Studio / something that isn't Windows Movie Maker and still come with audio.

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    If you don't plan to edit your video afterwards, Gens Movie might be a better option as it can directly record to a format recognizable by youtube (such as H264). Just make sure to disable the annoying "enhanced PSG" option or whatever it's called.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

<!--quoteo(post=469354:date=Jun 18 2010, 05:26 PM:name=Polygon Jim)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Jun 18 2010, 05:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=469354">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

I worked a bit more on that stage for SADX.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I anticipate... underwater paths through the level?

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    <!--quoteo(post=470106:date=Jun 20 2010, 09:29 AM:name=synchronizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (synchronizer @ Jun 20 2010, 09:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=470106">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=469354:date=Jun 18 2010, 05:26 PM:name=Polygon Jim)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Jun 18 2010, 05:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=469354">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I anticipate... underwater paths through the level?
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I plan on making some.

12. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Double post fuck you guys.

[​IMG]

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Emerald Dragoon Moderator
    Hampton, VA
    The S Factor: Sonia and Silver
    That's looking pretty swell. I hope I'll be able to do that eventually.

In the meantime, the latest MS update, after I've restarted like ten times:

[​IMG]

Trying something to get rid of that odd segmented look he's got going on. It seems to be working on the foot there.

Also, the ability to select by element practically saved this little side thing! :D

14. Sonic Joe

Sonic Joe

Hey that looks pretty awesome so far, looking forward to the finished product!

15. Mikel

Mikel

[​IMG]

New background of EHZ in my hack with the Act 1 palette.

Yes, it will use MTZ's deformation, and what I don't understand is when I get to a checkpoint, the background moves to a different position in the Y-axis, does anyone know why it does that?

16. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    It looks good but I cant tell what are those things in the middle of the water? Is it a floodgate?

17. Mikel

Mikel

<!--quoteo(post=471718:date=Jun 24 2010, 01:42 PM:name=Hanoch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hanoch @ Jun 24 2010, 01:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471718">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It looks good but I cant tell what are those things in the middle of the water? Is it a floodgate?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, it's meant to serve as a floodgate.

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Time to Grow Up. Resident Jester
    Japan
    Oh wow, that's impressive, even though those mountains are becomming a boring design of choice in most hacks, you've somehow made them feel new and refreshed with the rest of that level, and refreshed being the appropriate word, nice work!

19. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Misfit
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    <!--quoteo(post=464453:date=Jun 7 2010, 06:18 PM:name=Katelynn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Katelynn @ Jun 7 2010, 06:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=464453">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One thing I often see with GHZ edits is that people don't take depth into consideration. The walls always look flat at the edges. I've made a quick edit:

[​IMG]

The things highlighted in red are what I changed. Basically, I just take the pattern and shrink it by half in MSPaint then adjust accordingly if it looks a bit messed up. It makes the zone look less flat and overall a bit more pleasing to look at based on the patterns used. Personally for me, it's a tossup between the flat pattern and the depth pattern with this specific shape.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Exactly. This is a tiny thing, but it must be considered. Here's another example of it:
    [​IMG]
    Of course, I didn't edited the right-side walls because these solid object's graphics wasn't edited yet.

20. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    <!--quoteo(post=471724:date=Jun 24 2010, 08:07 PM:name=Mikel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikel @ Jun 24 2010, 08:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471724">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=471718:date=Jun 24 2010, 01:42 PM:name=Hanoch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hanoch @ Jun 24 2010, 01:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=471718">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It looks good but I cant tell what are those things in the middle of the water? Is it a floodgate?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, it's meant to serve as a floodgate.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The water should be fixed, then. Before the floodgate there should be more water, and after it there should be less water. It should have some kind of 3D effect like the water in HCZ. But right now it looks good, keep it up.