don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    <!--quoteo(post=302055:date=Apr 19 2009, 06:31 PM:name=Phithpleis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phithpleis @ Apr 19 2009, 06:31 PM) [​IMG]

Jesus...

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It's a PC game using EO2, AFAIK.

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    No.

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    God Chimpo it's like every post you make just oozes liquid ass, stop being such a fucking prick

In other news, whatever you're making looks stupid awesome and I want to see more.

5. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Then what is it? XNA?

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    No. Stop making assumptions.

7. ZFG

ZFG

Norway
    One last: Mockup?
    Also:
    [​IMG]
    WIP logo.

8. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Then fucking tell what it is already so this conversation can stop spamming up the screenshot thread. :|

9. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
  10. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    It's just a simple mock-up.

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    why do that? You guys are giving him exactly what he wants, attention. I THINK ITS FUR THE ATARI

EDIT: also while I'm at it, the CORE definitely needs to be in front of the sonic Mash, background looks good too.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Only smart person ITT.

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yeah I'm working on porting over SLZ to my hack. Using the Esrael Neto Assembler Editor, I was able to convert most of the stuff. The collision isn't ported (sadly) and apart from what I've done, nothing else has been added. I plan to use SBZ2 as a 2nd Wing Fortress act, being used for the interior of the ship. I'm not gonna port every single object but at least I'm actually working on my hack.
    Also, new disassembly because I always do shit like that. D:

14. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Thats a great start, Soti. You should change the sbz art to fit the inner part of wfz and also make wfz's boss be in wfz 2, IMO. What is star light for?

15. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Nice idea, SOTI! I love the idea of SBz being the interior of the ship. :P Also in the first screenshot. Is Sonic following Tails? Hence the Lifeicon or was that a side effect when porting the level? D=

I never got Esrael Neto Assembler Editor to compile the Sonic 1 JAP Disassembly. D= Shame really since I think it works perfectly in WINE. I just can't test to see if it compiles. :P

16. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    The boss can be relocated easily. Star Light Zone doesn't have any purpose apart from being an extra level.
    SLZ uses Level slot 01, which uses the Tails life icon PLCs, when they're changed they'll be back to normal.
    Also, my inspiration for the level comes from Gigantic Angel Zone.
    I'm only using the level editor right now just to convert things, I'll probably use the sound porter as well. Just use the linux build tools and a text editor right now.

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Why is Ashura there?

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Because if a player chooses two sonic's, it gets confusing =P

Any idea for tails pallete change duplicates is also welcome. As of right now if Player 2 chooses Tails or Knuckles while the first player is the same, it just makes them black and white :\

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    How about SatAM's Brown Tails, and Knuckles = Wechina (obvious someone would come up with that idea)

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    That is like, not even what I was talking about at all.

The Sonic CD forward movement is not the problem.

Take a good look at Sonic CD. Notice how the camera scrolls slowly toward the player when he jumps, locks it's vertical position when appropriate, switches from center position to forward smoothly and goes back when the player comes to a halt or no longer needs it. Notice how Sonic CD really only has two positioning, there is no inbetween like your camera functions and it only scrolls after the player has been running for a second or two. It never moves forward the instant you hit a certain speed, there's always a small delay with the exception of charge move launches. The camera always remains stable and makes sure that the player can keep focus on the level and himself at all times.

The way your camera behaves is if my mother took the camcorder and tried her best to keep track of the action. You want to try and keep track of everything but it's kind of hard when everything is flying everywhere.