don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom
    I've actually never seen Tangled. My avatar came from a photo of a bootleg shirt that said "DEATH RAPUNZEL" with Rapunzel in dark clothing and eyeliner and nail polish. Also, I have no clue where the original voice clip came from, I just stole it from another meme that stole it :V

2. MrLordSith

MrLordSith

After a full year, I'd like to show how my 2019 Beta Remake's currently going! I've changed a lot of stuff since last year.

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Someone's gonna have their partner in time for Easter:
    [​IMG]

A big special thanx to Iso Kilo for porting Cheese to Sonic 1.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  4. Jdpense

Jdpense

Sonic 2 Chaos Adventure
    Cream in Sonic 1 but with her Chao? Neat! I'm looking forward to playing it when is released and when I get a chance to!

As for me, I have finally managed to get four players to work in Sonic 1, which may not seem like much right now, but just wait, I will make into something someday soon...

Also special thanks to AURORA-FIELDS for the 6-button pad and SEGA Team Player Support guide!

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It's already uploaded:
    https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?threads/cream-and-cheese-in-sonic-1.39229/

And I'm loving the look of this. Multiplayer is so often an overlooked element with Sonic hacking, I don't think even two player is added to Sonic 1 much often. I'm looking forward to seeing how you'll expand this.

6. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    It doesn't look like much? Are you serious? That sounds like a great archivement for what matters.

7. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS

The cute one here Tech Member
    Finland
    AMPS
  8. TheBlad768

TheBlad768

Russia
    Updated cutscene for the Hellfire Saga.

9. So this isn’t that much at all as-is, but I thought it’d be a good idea to finally share some sort of preview of the Sonic 2 hack I’m working on.

Or, rather, a showcase of the extremely early version of the FBZ clone for the Sonic 2 hack I’m working on with original, near-complete graphics for the zone (excluding the rotating mesh)

The audio is desynchronised - it’s not like this in the ROM itself.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  10. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

Be a boss-man and come to my big and tall man shop Member
    I've sent this on SSRG, so might as well send it here:

Similar to how Selbi did with Sonic Erazor, after messing around with the disassembly, I decided to make a new special stage with platforming assuming some people don't like the original special stage. Sonic 3 bonus stages, continue and cards sprites from VLADIKCOMPER's Sonic 1 Hacking Studio and also MegaPCM from him. I forgot to mention, out of anyone who used the Ristar clear music, on real hardware, it crashed. My version did not, however.

Here's another one:

Run through the glass but careful since they break and you can wave the emerald goodbye.

Ice Mountain SMPS by ProjectFM

11. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

This shows the features of the game from options.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  12. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo

So all of this will come into place and will have a beta during summer and have a pre-final release in the hacking contest of this year.

13. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    No fancy level art edits or anything, but here's a sneak peek of what I am working on.

[​IMG]

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    A Sonic 2 HD demake lol nice.

15. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Yes, and no. ;)
    While I am going to include some demake art where I can, but it's not entirely that.

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    So I've been working on documenting the inner workings of Sonic Drift, and while doing so I decided to make a hack as well. Once I get around to finding more information, such as the track layouts, I plan on changing them. Once my guide is in a better state, it will be posted on the wiki also. Until then, here's a short preview of my hack. Apologies for the strange aspect ratio, OBS was being a bitch it seems. :V The video looked fine in the preview... Anyways the only thing you'll noticed that has been changed is GHZ's name, palette, music, and background, while Marble zone's background and palette has also been changed. I suck at sprite art, so if you're wondering what the hell the objects are in the sky in Marble, they're supposed to be UFOs. :V

17. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom

upload_2020-5-13_16-0-55.png

There's an unused object in Sonic CD that has existed since seemingly before the v0.02 prototype that seems to generate a waterfall. However, the graphics for the sprite aren't ever loaded into VRAM ever and are left completely unused, and the ID of the blocks that it places in the level layout weren't ever updated. However, due to how the object functions, and the fact that the unused splash graphics fit perfectly with the mappings made for the object, I firmly believe that it was meant to generate a waterfall.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  18. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I need a verdict. So, Im back to working on a new version of Sonic 1 8x16, and one of my plans has always been to include the Death Egg hologram sprite from S3k as a little easter egg: https://tcrf.net/Sonic_&_Knuckles

It was scrapped so we never saw it, and I put it in my hack. Problem is, IDK where I should put it. Right now its behind Eggman at the end of SBZ 2, I'm debating between leaving it there or putting it at the end, after Final Zone. What say you?

[​IMG]

19. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I like both options, but I say at the end, after you defeat the Final Zone boss, or perhaps after the credits as a part of a post-credits sequence (Angry Eggman would fade to black, and the projector would ominously fade in, showing the Death Egg).

20. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I didnt have any ideas for a post-credits sequence, beyond Angry Egg, but an enlarged version of the hologram, or even the Death Egg sprite itself would be pretty sweet following a fade to black. As for the hologram itself, i think I will place it after thw boss, like you said.

Its being inserted as part of the chunk, and the hologram itself is animated art, so it doesnt take up a sprite slot. (BTW to any new coders, if you want to add level art, edit the Animated Art code to only add smoke to Act 1. A simple v_act check does the trick. I will post this to the Sonic 1 thread later.)