don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I don't want to seem like I'm fishing for more screenshots or anything though

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    The second one most definitely. It's a lot more stylistic.

3. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Why didn't anyone talk about this? It took me a few seconds to realize what it was.

4. Importing Green Hill Zone into Sonic CD?

Very Impressive!

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Oh no man, I know where you're coming from on the whole "needing to see the rest of it to know which is best" thing, it makes sense as you, I, and anyone else yerning to see something of this large an image, does not want to see it clash with a BG of the same technique. Unfortunately I don't have anything of a BG or scenery to go with it yet.

On a side note, it seems I'll be going for 2, not only do people tend to prefer it, but I too have something for it, I can't quite make out what it is though, I guess it's the simplicity and the showings of limitations *shurgs*. Thanks anyway people =)

6. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Not just that. The PC version of the game.

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I'm quite interested in where this will go.

8. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
    They're all really cool, but nobody dithers quite like you do. So definite 3. =)

9. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Well, the first one should be part of the sprite library of the hedgehog you where making: though I would love to see more of it. But out of the High Resolutions of the first, I prefer that you mix them both for the best results.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Eye on 2 and 3 looks like it's looking in a different direction than 1. Also lump on his stomach in 1.

2 looks most like something you would see in a Sonic game, but the head and eye look kind of like something that was enlarged with RotSprite. I think my favorite is 3, but maybe with a tad less dithering. Maybe a mix between 2 and 3.

Overall, they are all better than anything I can do and look very good.

11. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    You, Sir, are the king of dithering. 3.

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    There are other methods of dithering that don't involve the cross hatch method.
    http://segaretro.org/File:EarthwormJim_MegaDrive_forpetessake.png
    for example.

13. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Yeah, but for a Sonic game, and more specifically Sonic (lines are best fit to metals), crosshatching seems to be the best version, in MarkeyJester has done it brilliantly.

14. TomoAlien

TomoAlien

Poland
    SonLVL I think :P.
    He added Sonic CD PC support a while ago into it, along with art and chunk editing.

15. That One Jig

That One Jig

aka RichterSnipes Member
    Somewhere in America
    (Not) Working on My PokéHack
    Incuding the first one makes me think you might have other intentions. I'd like to see it again regardless.

That dithering is masterful, though. It looks very much like official art. You're right on how the second one shows its limitations more, mainly at the shine on this guy's head, but its not too distracting. 3 is my definite choice, but all three look amazing!

That is, of course, you haven't already started more work with the second one like you said earlier. Either way it'll be great.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    For Sonic games, SEGA did what can be seen in Black Squirrel's post, though.

It was also what I was about to suggest...

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    In the picture Black Squirrel posted, he's talking about Planet Heck in the background there, right? I don't know, between that and what MarkeyJester did, I'd say the latter is much more attractive.

18. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    [​IMG]
    Call me insane.This is actually fully implemented in the ROM, and Sonic sits on top of the message box waiting for you to do stuffs. (Also please do tell me if the image is broken, I'm on a cell network for the next 4 days or something and the cell network in Vegas is overflowing.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't get it. What's it fully implemented in?

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I'm assuming his Sonic 1 ROM hack