don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I would love to comment that image, but everytime I go to expand it to check it out, it's simply too big and crashes FireFox on my end (infact, even now when small I'm getting quite a bit of lag =%), sorry =(

Speedup Music, thoughts?

2. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I like it, the beat is nice and all. However, it does not scream "speedup" for me... unless the base speed and all is an even slower pace than that. Maybe I am too used to faster speedup music because of Sonic and all, but yeah...

3. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I never will understand why people show their whole level layouts like this. Feels like it ruins the point of even playing the hack,it's your hack after all, no need to ask other people for approval I'd think. Feels the same as people who release videos of a playthrough before even releasing the ROM. Just what is the point, really.

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    This is more like "slow down to a nice leisurely jog music".

5. This actually sounds like an actual Zone theme versus a speed-up theme.

Needs something a bit more upbeat and fast-paced.

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I tried speeding it up but it appeared to ruin the atmosphere the music was giving off, I'll consider finding a different use for the theme insted, cheers for the honest feedback guys, many thanks =)

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    It sounds like it would make a great options screen music.

8. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    [​IMG]

The background in this is only a mockup, and still very WIP (about 50% drawn). As it stands, I should be able to get it in the rom, although the colours will have to be tweaked as I was using the MMF colour pallet which doesn't coincide with MD colours perfectly.

Thoughts?

9. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    There is some clashing art like the bricks really don't fit with the rest of the artwork and the pillar could do with some more work to it to fit it in better but overall it looks nice.

10. Master3k

Master3k

[​IMG]

Any suggestions for the foreground? I think that MGZ FG is already used in another hack.

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    For the love of fuck Stephen, finish something! Your work always looks the best to me.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I dunno, it doesn't seem like it fits. MGZs bg seems almost like it was just copy pasted in, rather than considered if it'd fit the scene.

13. Master3k

Master3k

Exactly why I asked for suggestions for the FG.
    But thanks.

14. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Mockup of the suggestion I gave him on MSN below.

[​IMG]

15. Master3k

Master3k

Mhm. It surely looks awesome. I'm working on it.

16. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I'm currently working on a Parallax Editor for Sonic 1 (possibly S2 at some point). Because I'm still trying to fully learn how to make deformation (for example the water in GHZ getting faster with every line), it will only support the basic "blocks of parallax scrolling". That's what makes the below screenshot an obvious mockup (notice the water):

[​IMG]

But the first pre-alpha prototype is already on its way and should be released soon (hopefully).

A couple of things you might want to know:
    • You will be able to select areas, like from 0 to 98 (the green area in this example).
    • After that you can select the speed, which will be indicated by the colour (black/white = very slow or not moving at all; blue = slow; green = normal; yellow = faster; red = very fast (I'm not sure if the selection of colours is good)).
    • If I'm ever able to figure out how it works, I will also add the "gradient speed", where you can select a start speed and a final speed. With each pixel row, it's getting a little faster (the yellow to red gradient you see in this example, or in other words, the water).
    Any suggestions are welcome. =)

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Auto-parallax, when you can please =3 Like the clouds of R01-GHZ

18. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Will try, but don't count on too much, at least not for the first release.

19. Retroman

Retroman

I'd think the background looks great, especially the mountains. The hills lack abit of variety though and maybe add a sea to the back of the mountains and experiment more? Maybe an opinion poll? It's your hack though.
    Two things that doesn't blend well with the rest of the level. First, the column is too pixely and needs smoothing to match with the level. Also the blocks could be abit simpler in shading. Maybe have sections for grass areas with flowers and trees to give the level abit of variety.

But apart from that, I love how this looks like your other works :)

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    OH GOD YES! I would love to see this finished.