General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

<!--quoteo(post=494452:date=Aug 22 2010, 06:37 AM:name=MarkeyJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarkeyJester @ Aug 22 2010, 06:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494452">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494447:date=Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM:name=FeliciaVal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FeliciaVal @ Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494447">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->*cough* I dunno how you people react to hacks with fancharacters...someone told me that are silly, boring and unoriginal, but it's something I wanted to do since a long time ago...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't think most of us mind so long as it's executed well with smooth animation, well pixelated/designed sprites, and that it plays well on the original title, for those who may have judged it simply because it's a fan character have no sense accomplishment and are just being mean for the sake of it, it's not exactly a good excuse anyway.

I like the character you have here, and if I didn't know you better, I'd say you've probably got a brilliantly smooth animation to go with it, which everyone will be introduced to and will enjoy, so don't be discouraged.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    hehe thank you Markey =P Maybe when I polish it a bit I'll put in randon mini hack thread, is still very unfinished and I don't know when I'll be able to finish it

2. Interrobang Pie

Interrobang Pie

Get a load of palm. Member
    England
    Something that must be kept a SUPER SECRET.
    <!--quoteo(post=494447:date=Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM:name=FeliciaVal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FeliciaVal @ Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494447">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My friend E-122-Psi convinced me to post an screenshot of my "secret" hack that I've been working on it since march...

<snip>

*cough* I dunno how you people react to hacks with fancharacters...someone told me that are silly, boring and unoriginal, but it's something I wanted to do since a long time ago...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As long as it's not a bland unoriginal fancharacter I don't particularly mind. Just please tell me you're going to fix the pillow shading on the hair. D:

EDIT: And on the glove.

EDIT2: And on the shirt.

3. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

<!--quoteo(post=494455:date=Aug 22 2010, 06:48 AM:name=Interrobang Pie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Interrobang Pie @ Aug 22 2010, 06:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494455">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494447:date=Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM:name=FeliciaVal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FeliciaVal @ Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494447">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My friend E-122-Psi convinced me to post an screenshot of my "secret" hack that I've been working on it since march...

<snip>

*cough* I dunno how you people react to hacks with fancharacters...someone told me that are silly, boring and unoriginal, but it's something I wanted to do since a long time ago...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As long as it's not a bland unoriginal fancharacter I don't particularly mind. Just please tell me you're going to fix the pillow shading on the hair. D:

EDIT: And on the glove.

EDIT2: And on the shirt.
    uh...pillow shading? mind explaining so I can fix it? :S im not sure if I understood you...
    EDIT: nvm I think I got it xD I'll try fixing it asap, im still not used to pixel art

4. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    <!--quoteo(post=494447:date=Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM:name=FeliciaVal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FeliciaVal @ Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494447">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My friend E-122-Psi convinced me to post an screenshot of my "secret" hack that I've been working on it since march...

[​IMG]

I'm not a fan of fan characters. But appreciate the work that goes into one that is done well. And at the end of the day you are doing this for yourself and are getting great pleasure from it by the sound of it. It's looking decent so far.

5. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Thank you very much. I have an almost fully playable ROM at this point, but I just wanted to share that title screen from now

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Misfit
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project

[​IMG]

That's a fucking awesome character you have there. You've inspired me to continue working on "Steve the Whale in Sonic 1".

7. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

<!--quoteo(post=494465:date=Aug 22 2010, 07:55 AM:name=jasonchrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jasonchrist @ Aug 22 2010, 07:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494465">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=494447:date=Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM:name=FeliciaVal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FeliciaVal @ Aug 22 2010, 10:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494447">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My friend E-122-Psi convinced me to post an screenshot of my "secret" hack that I've been working on it since march...

[​IMG]

That's a fucking awesome character you have there. You've inspired me to continue working on "Steve the Whale in Sonic 1".
    Thanks :D looking forward to it :) if you're interested I can send you an early build for this ROM so you can try it

8. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    <!--quoteo(post=494465:date=Aug 22 2010, 12:55 PM:name=jasonchrist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jasonchrist @ Aug 22 2010, 12:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494465">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's a fucking awesome character you have there. You've inspired me to continue working on "Steve the Whale in Sonic 1".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are....are you serious? :D

He had better be twice the size of the screen, or I will be disappoint.

9. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    This looks brilliant, though I seriously think this:

[​IMG]

Doesn't excactly look very much like this:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry I can't excactly say what looks different. It just feels different. But I could say she reminds me of a mix between cat and bear. :V

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
    Well, looking at it the muzzle's bigger, the eyes are smaller, her hair's thicker and covering the hair band, the inner ear and muzzle are brighter and she seems to lack the mouthpiece there...though all those differences do in my eyes is make her seem younger then in the pic.

11. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

<!--quoteo(post=494469:date=Aug 22 2010, 08:06 AM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ Aug 22 2010, 08:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494469">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This looks brilliant, though I seriously think this:

[​IMG]

Doesn't excactly look very much like this:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry I can't excactly say what looks different. It just feels different. But I could say she reminds me of a mix between cat and bear. :V<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh I can explain that. I tried to redesign her for the game, so she has a more "classic" feeling to it and could fit better into Sonic 1. That's why she looks simplified. Also the pic on my avatar was a very early prototype of the character and was just messing on the character, a more accurate design would be this:

[​IMG]

and this is what I had in mind when doing the sprites of the game:

[​IMG]

Minus the eyes and some later minor changes I made when spriting them (ie: the eyes and muzzle colour)

12. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Yeah, that does fit more. Awesome art btw. =)

13. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

<!--quoteo(post=494478:date=Aug 22 2010, 09:01 AM:name=Selbi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Selbi @ Aug 22 2010, 09:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494478">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, that does fit more. Awesome art btw. =)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thank you very much Selbi :D

14. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    <!--quoteo(post=494471:date=Aug 22 2010, 01:11 PM:name=FeliciaVal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FeliciaVal @ Aug 22 2010, 01:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494471">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minus the eyes and some later minor changes I made when spriting them (ie: the eyes and muzzle colour)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They are really, really good, and I normally think fan characters are stupid :P

15. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Thank you Ell678 :) Well I have to agree with you, sometimes there are fancharacters that are kinda stupid or just recolours from other characters. I just don't see the point on doing them like that, but I'm no one to judge. I just tried to be as original as possible without getting past the line if you know what I mean :P

16. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    I heard the same thing about character hacks.... I'm sure I remember someone saying that they were frowned upon O_o

Oh well. XD I can't wait to see this in action.

Slightly off-topic, but I tried going to your DeviantArt and it says it's deactivated ._.

17. Mikel

Mikel

<!--quoteo(post=494471:date=Aug 22 2010, 07:11 AM:name=FeliciaVal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FeliciaVal @ Aug 22 2010, 07:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494471">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh I can explain that. I tried to redesign her for the game, so she has a more "classic" feeling to it and could fit better into Sonic 1. That's why she looks simplified. Also the pic on my avatar was a very early prototype of the character and was just messing on the character, a more accurate design would be this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minus the eyes and some later minor changes I made when spriting them (ie: the eyes and muzzle colour)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I got to admit that your art is great, and your hack does look like it will be good.

Keep up to good work!

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Told ya people would like it. :v:

Both your art and your hack look wonderful. :)

Can't wait to see the finished project.

19. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Although this might not be special, here's a screenshot of my hack:
    [​IMG]
    Yayz, Mah new Sega Screen. A newer and awesomer is in the works.
    [​IMG]
    I just felt like showing this. The S3 Giant Ring works in-level, and actually behaves the same, including mappings and animations.

20. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

<!--quoteo(post=494482:date=Aug 22 2010, 08:27 AM:name=Max Firestorm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max Firestorm @ Aug 22 2010, 08:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=494482">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I heard the same thing about character hacks.... I'm sure I remember someone saying that they were frowned upon O_o

Oh well. XD I can't wait to see this in action.

Slightly off-topic, but I tried going to your DeviantArt and it says it's deactivated ._.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, I deactivated my DA about 2 months ago due to problems with people there. I was tired of that place and wasn't doing any good to me.

Thanks for the feedback guys :) I'm glad you like it already even if I just posted a small screen.

theocas: that's looking pretty sweet :D