don't click here

Gameloft Sonic Java Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ravenfreak, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    As previously mentioned in the "Supreme Topic of Other Knowledge" I've posted that someone on Facebook owns a old cellphone with some of the games released by Gameloft and Sonic Cafe. Trần Gia Hoàng, a Vietnamese Sonic fan ripped the games from his phone and uploaded them on Onedrive and shared them in one of the groups I'm a member of. I've downloaded the games, and they seem to work in KEmulator Lite. Since he doesn't have a account here, I figured I'd share the games here. The following games are included in the download link: Shadow Shoot, Sonic the Hedgehog Parts 1 and 2, Sonic Jump, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Runners Adventure, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. (The latter I wasn't even aware had a Java version... :V) Download here

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Powpuck

Powpuck

Aw geez, I guess I misread your prior posts. But I think this is still incomplete? This is the most comprehensive list I'm aware of, but it ends around 2010, which obviously means it doesn't cover ASR, so there may be even more titles undocumented. Also: lotsa variants.

Still, this has most of the more robust (as in not banal card/desktop) games. Sonic Shift-Up and Sonic Kart 3DX can't possibly live up to expectations, but they're the most lamentable absentees. Sonic no Jingen Ressha seems to be evocative of Chu Chu Rocket, intriguingly.

PS:

[​IMG]

Did this influence the Sonic 2 mobile remaster??

3. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    None of those are really from Sonic Cafe (except Shadow Shoot). The Sonic 1 and 2 ports you can find in Java sites are wildly different to the Sonic Cafe ports. I don't know if the Sonic Cafe games can be ripped and emulated at all, I think they can't sadly.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  4. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Many of these games are available in some form online - I've done several posts on Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing on hedgeblog, but the only version was in English.

This also includes Sonic Runners Adventure, which only came out in 2017, and was a Java version of their iPhone game. Pretty competent version to be honest.

5. sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Banned
    Hi, finally my account is validated, been trying to contact you guys for a while now...

Anyway, if you’re interested I managed to collect a bunch of Sonic Cafe (Gameloft) Roms back in the day before the smartphone craze, I believe I got some of the rare ones too like Sonic Jump 1&2, Sonic Hopping, Sonic Darts, Sonic Fishing, Shadow Shoot, Sonic at the Olympic Games, Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, to name a few, contact me if you’re interested I can maybe upload them to mediafire or something.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Awesome, please upload.

7. sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Banned
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hm.

9. sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Banned
    Hmm... I don’t know why it did that but I’m not surprised, dunno of any other sharing methods tbh, maybe someone else can upload it?

10. Ultrared

Ultrared

Sonic 2 Director's Cut
  11. sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Banned
    Thanks

12. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    GET. ON. THIS. SHIT. NOW.

Not just the Sonic games, but the Sega games as well! Hopefully that mobile exclusive Shinobi game with the female lead is in there as well.

I never made a page on Sega Retro about it and there wad little to no information on it anyway.

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    The memories of me trying to play sonic 1 part 1 on my budget 2008 slide phone at 5 fps, ah yes.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So who downloaded all this?

16. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
  17. SanicDerpy

SanicDerpy

???
    SMPS2MID & MID2SMPS Conversions and learning to draw.
    Try using X-Ripper that usually works on most Java (J2ME) games and extracts all the assets guaranteed. I've extracted the images from the Java version of Sonic Jump. If you want, I'll upload them for proof.

Edit: You can also extract the SFX and MIDI's from X-Ripper too. Not all programs like Mediaextract extracts all assets properly. If you want I'll upload the MIDI's from Sonic Jump and other Sonic Java games too.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  18. Dehry

Dehry

Ohio
    I gave it a try just now. Not really seeing anything that different to warrant going through each file individually.