don't click here

FUCK YOU IT'S CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Well, this day is so special for certain people for other reasons too. Like birthdays.

2. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    What's the difference between this and (from Darth Vader, "Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back") "...Luke, I am your father"?

+ - Nothing, really. They hid the aganda for a long time, it gives an extra side story, shocks a lot of people, will be forever remembered, and in the end, makes it critically better because of it, but it's been a long time coming. When we look back, we'll see it all.  

Long live Sega Retro!!!

3. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
    Can my name be changed to SayGah now instead of SANiK?

4. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I've already signed up for Sega Retro (wiki) with a new username. New start and all that, pip pip what.

I am excited. As hell. Since I'm more a fan of 80s/90s Sega than I am of Sonic alone... :D

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Please don't do this.

6. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Yeah—a lot of people's old edits are on the Sega Retro system, and it will link up if you use your old account.

Also, we do plan to eventually integrate the two systems, so if you use another name, you'll get discombobulated.

7. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    You know I've wanted a new username for ages though. If this is due to your OCD with duplicate accounts, I have no problem with this account being renamed/merged with the new one when everythings sorted.

8. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    This is the best thing. Ever.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I don't merge old accounts with one ones—it works the other way around. Ignoring that, there is no inherent need for you to change your username and we're under no obligation to change it for you. All this "fresh start" crap is overrated, especially when you don't actually change as a person.

10. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Furthermore, this isn't a fresh start for Sonic Retro. Rather, you should see it as the next chapter. We've been through quite a few before (Simon left, merging with SHIT/SClassic, the new server, etc. feel free to add more). There's really no reason to start over from scratch.

11. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    You guys are scaring me I'm starting to think this isn't actually an April Fool's joke ;__;

12. corneliab

corneliab

I strive to post sensibly and the defining factor of the site's identity gets swapped for something I don't really care about regardless.

Would've much preferred a purging.

13. I was enjoying reading peoples' nitpicks and overanalyzations in the Sonic 4 topic when all-of-a-sudden the next page didn't exist anymore. :[

So... will there be a General Sega Discussion?

14. This... has to be a joke.

There was plenty of people in the Sonic 4 thread who held peaceful conversation about Sonic 4. Not sure why everyone's getting held accountable for the actions of a few stupid morons.

I find it hard to believe this is your method of administration. It's more civilized than Andy Wolan/Stealth freakouts from days yore, I suppose.

EDIT: Suppose the following. The ultimate April Fool's jerk is to actually be serious about Sega Retro, but do it on April 1st so that everyone thinks it's an April Fool's joke. It's a nice twist.

15. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Well well! Glad you got rid of that, what was it called... "sonic" thing. That's always been holding you back.

I'm a bit dismayed that you haven't broadened your scope to include the histories of gaming companies in general. There's very little talk of Nintendo's heady days as a playing card manufacturer (or the fact that they still make them!). Guess I've got a ways to wait before Nintendo Retro comes about.

Anyways, glad to see that you're knocking some sense into everybody, keep up the good work, etc.
    (Also, seriously people, there is nothing special or "foolish" about April, get your acts together).
    I already signed up on Sega Retro, same username (HighFrictionZone). Configuring my preferences now.
    By the way, will you be porting the "Sonic Retro Blue" skin to the Sega Retro wiki? I realize you're trying to break away from that sordid past, but I really do like the color and wouldn't mind if it was called something else, so long as it was there.

16. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I guess I can understand trashing more than just the Sonic 4 Thread, as another would inevitably take its place soon after. Without the Sonic element, I'm sure a good number of the idiots will just go away.

Thankfully for myself, Sonic is not the only Sega franchise I'm interested in.........C'mon General Vectorman Discussion!

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I love you guys. I fucking love you guys.

18. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    Surly this is a joke. I'm not very convinced that this whole "Sega Retro" thing is real. The fact that that this decision was made so suddenly, ESP on April 1st only makes me doubt this entire thing. If the site really dose gos down, I'll find it quite sad. I was here for Sonic, and Sonic only. Video games outside of Sonic are just dead to me. That might sound harsh, but its the truth.

19. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I am too, it's like taking out what I loved most about the community. :(

20. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    HA HA HA!!!

Awesome :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.