don't click here

Found something odd in Sonic 3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Flame, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure if it's known or not, but hey it's worth a shot. One day I was bored and entered Sonic 3's competition stages while in debug mode, and while cycling through objects, I found spikes. I don't recall seeing any of these anywhere in these stages so this seemed pretty odd to me.

Here's a pic

[​IMG]

Again not sure if it's known but I don't recall ever reading about it anywhere.

Edit: Just noticed the screwed up HUD from the 1 player zones too, crazy.

2. Artis Oracle

Artis Oracle

Don't Talk Shit About Total Member
    The Spartan Project :: A General Halo Fansite
    That's the best I can figure at least. Maybe ST had other plans for them...

Oh, and sorry, forgot about this place for a bit. Sup. ^^

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Ooh, they look like the spikes from S1. Interesting.

4. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I've seen this, before, but I've never made any mention of it.

5. Vangar

Vangar

Debug in 2P mode for S3 is new in itself, at least to me.

6. Shade

Shade

Naw, I've known about that for a long time now. The first time Heran came over, we plugged in the old Genesis with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and I suggested trying to activate debug mode in competition mode. Obviously, it worked (though the game would crash soon after).

7. IIRC, it's also possible to access the 2P stages in 1P mode, although they appear very glitchy. I wonder how debug mode will work there...

8. Shade

Shade

I still say it'd be awesome if someone made a hack turning all of the competition zones into fully fledged single player zones; acts, bosses, and all. Just make cutsom art based off the art from Sonic 3, and put it all into Sonic 1 or 2, what have you. I always thought Chrome Gadget and Ballon Park would be badass Zones.

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    The art wouldn't be too hard with modern tools. But those objects... =(

10. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    OOZ Fans = CGZ Fans

Same thing I thought. S2 sprites, S1 sprites... What next? I say hack into the 2P mode more.

11. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I thought I saw spike somewhere... Not too sure. However, when I do debug mode in the 2P stages, the hud is just a bunch of orange lines.

12. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

Tweaker did mention he was creating a 1 Player version (on Sonic 1 Megamix) of Azure Lake. I can't wait to see the results of that. :)

Also, about the debug mode thing, I never knew that was possible. I would always overlook the 2P stages for debug mode (including Sonic 2).

13. Shade

Shade

Though that'll pretty much have been StephenUK's work :P

14. Vangar

Vangar

There are spikes in one of the comp levels. I don't have the time to check now, but their activated by a button - or is that a spring?

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    It's a spring, and you're thinking of Chrome Gadget.

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Yeah I should really finish that shouldn't I. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about it. I'll probably finish it off this weekend if I have time to. I think I just need to throw the rest of the 256x256 tiles together now, add a few more little details and it's done. I'll port the oil object across as well and put that in, since Azure Lake used some form of oil or mud in it.

Just to refresh people's memory, here's a mockup made up of SonED 2 screenshots:

Azure Lake in S1 Megamix

17. Shade

Shade

Yeah, that stuff is looking sweeeet. I cannot wait to play that.

18. sLorD

sLorD

Pending Member
    What about Desert Palace? Or was that just a Bumper...I also thought there were some spikes in one of the competition levels.
    Well just checked the levels again, nothing there, just springs and buttons.
    Maybe they planned that you can collect rings in the competition mode and you can loose them by touching these spikes. Maybe they even thought of implementing enemys in those stages? Are there any informations on that?

Zomg, that Azure Lake Mockup looks very promising to me. Can't wait to see it at its final state. Original music included?

19. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Yeah the original music was there last time I checked.

20. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Hmm.. I havn't seen that any where, so it is a "nice find" comment from me. Those spikes look different to the normal ones, and for the hud, it is green, but I seem to recall it was green becuase of knuckles' shoes in the beta, were you playing with knuckles???

ojdon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.