don't click here

Finding a custom rom for my Android phone.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Aerosol, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Attain (SCH-R920) and I want to put a custom rom onto it. Nothing fancy, I just wanted barebones 2.3 (I don't think this thing could handle ICS in it's wildest dreams). I've got no idea how to go about it. Help me out?

2. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

it's a DREAM PARADOX Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I was gonna say "Check out xda-developers" but they don't seem to have any information for this phone. Whoops.
    Googling around, Android Forums seems to have an Attain 4G section, which should have guides for rooting and custom ROMs.
    Unfortunately, budget phones on budget carriers (MetroPCS, right?) usually don't get a lot of good ROMs.
    If you ever happen to get a different more mainstream phone (like an LG Optimus S, for instance), those usually have more ROM choices. The Optimus S has a partially-working 4.0 and 4.1 ROM, for instance, despite launching with 2.2 and getting a half-assed 2.3 update.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Thanks for the help. I was afraid that there wouldn't be any custom roms for this phone (you're right, it is a MetroPCS budget phone) but them's the breaks I guess.