don't click here

Favorite level in each game.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Hey all. I'm in the process of writing up a report/analysis about Sonic the Hedgehog, and I was hoping that I could poll the forum for some information. One of the things that I am currently looking into is what levels in each game stand out among the rest and become fan favorites, and seeing if any trends show up like similar trope or placement of the level relative to the rest of the levels. I've gone ahead and made the surveys on SurveyMonkey, including almost all of the games from the main series to stuff like SegaSonic, to mobile games like Sonic Jump. Unfortunately due to how SurveyMonkey handles free users, I had to split the surveys up into six different ones. Another quick thing I would like to mention is that I omitted most all boss stages, as I'm not looking into that aspect of Sonic yet. Anyway, here are the surveys.

Hopefully the surveys should only take around five minutes to do. I appreciate any and all help I get towards this. But yea, I suppose this could turn into a general Favorite Level topic while the results come in.

2. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    My favorite level in S3K is Hidden Palace. It's undoubtedly the climax of the game and the major turning point. In my opinion, the most gorgeous level in the classic games despite being so brief. You finally square off with Knuckles in front of a prophetic mural and witness Robotnik's "betrayal" of Knuckles as he yanks the Master Emerald from its rightful home. Hidden Palace is what the original S2 one never officially came to be. You are granted your Super and Hyper formes here after obtaining both sets of emeralds and can gaze at the beauty of those emeralds. For these reasons alone, Hidden Palace is at the peak of my favorites, because it is so epic yet so subtle about being so. Maybe I'm sensationalizing, but it's the best to me.

3. chaoscollector

chaoscollector

Finished them all except the master system one! Haven't played any of those!:P
    Hope it helps!:)

4. Felik

Felik

Don't we have a rule against list topics?

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Completed. Was determined never to put "No Opinion" but then Sonic Labyrinth came up and ahahahaha.

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Voted.

I found it quite hard to choose just one favourite level, especially since the games often have four or five awesome stages. I think it would be better if the poll gave the chance for everyone to select their three favourite stages in each game, or allow you to select your favourite, second favourite and third favourite stages respectively.