don't click here

Farewell Sonic X

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Jack Wallace, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah I think thats what annoyed me the most, I think it could have flew alot higher in English if it weren't for the multitude of stupid decisions 4Kids made.

The most plausable thing they could do is hand it to Funimation, thats what they ended up doing with One Piece, but I guess since Sonic X isnt an eternal lasting manga/anime cashcow, thats not high in demand.

2. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Plus that would kind of mean changing the voice actors for the games once more, wouldn't it?

...Though Sonic sounding like Goku wouldn't be too bad...but I'm already too adjusted to Jason. I kind of don't want any changes to the voice actors for a while.

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Stop making me dream amazing things at night that I know won't happen. ;_;

But yes, Sonic X = crap. At least we won't have to tolerate an Unleashed tie-in featuring Chris and Wereshadow.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I was getting used to Jason too, but I think it's about time the entire cast was replaced with new voices. Probably won't happen since SEGA is too fucking cheap to do something like that though.

5. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    If SoJ would want a VA change, I'd pray for a better cast than the 4Kids one. If that doesn't happen, I prefer a Sonic without any voice acting.

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I could easly hear more Drummond again for Sonic and it would be asif it never changed, Griffith could stick with Shadow though, he's way better at that.

7. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Find someone like Martin Burke to voice Sonic again. The OVA was perfect.

8. Jay T.

Jay T.

Eh, I hope it won't be until a while when they decide to change the voice actors (and hopefully inform the fans first). Last thing we need is another voice actor debate/war like last time. That was just flat-out ridiculous.

9. Master3k

Master3k

I couldn't have worded it any better.

10. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    Too much people wants an animated series and VA like the OVA. I don't know if that would work with the print-money newbies though.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sonic comedy cartoon with artistic skills similar to Looney Tunes. NOW.

Yeah, whens Mario getting his new VA? Cheap Nintendo! :v:

12. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Another Sonic cartoon like the OVA? Is such a thing possible in this day and age, especially from SEGA?

Absolutely not.
    But Charles is a bro, and Nintendo picked voice actors that would be successful in the long term. SEGA just chose some random guys from 4kids because it would be cheaper instead of making an effort and hiring a new Robotnik, right after the previous Robotnik sadly passed away.

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    How much was SEGA ever involved in the OVA? I wouldn't imagine -too- much.

14. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    As I remember, both Yuji Naka and Noato Ohshima were in the opening credits, and not just for being creators of Sonic. They were really in there for being part of the crew and as supervisors.

However, I think the rest of Sega was just there for the licensing.

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I'd rather stick with the current cast, who has been improving more and more with each new game, than switch to yet another new cast that might wind up going through the same tedious process of 2-3 games' worth of shitty acting before actually starting to sound good again.

Although I wouldn't say no to a Drummond comeback if it happened to happen.

16. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    Well, Toriyama was at the credits of Dragon Ball Evolution and you know how it turned out. The Sonic OVA was very well done though.

17. Jay T.

Jay T.

If Sonic was to get another OVA, I would really like to see Studio Ghibli take a whack at it, I mean, they hardly ever disappoint, right? Though it would probably take a lot of money for them to do such a thing... Though if another wacky Sonic cartoon comes out, who would animate it though? Also with that, I gotta say, I kind of hope they would return to the Genesis era of Sonic in terms of style. I honestly cannot see the Modern Sonic being all...wacky and what-not like AoStH, unless they approach it in terms of Sonic Undeground/SatAM.

18. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    SatAM or nothing. The OVA didn't suck, though. All the other sonic incarnations can die in a fire -- especially Sonic X =P

19. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I loved AOSTH, for the humour really. It was dumb, yes, but it gave a cheap laugh. Sonic X was utter tripe however. After seeing a couple of episodes in Japanese however, it looked alright. Then the English one. Wow. I had never seen anything so atrocious in my life.

I need to rewatch the SATAM boxset sometime.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    SatAM was good, but not perfect. There was some pretty blatant use of stock-animation during some episodes, the conclusion of Season Two was disappointingly abrupt and contrived after all that Doomsday buildup, some plot points make no sense (King Acorn has a list of Freedom Fighter groups when he's been in the Void since the day Robotnik took over? Really?) or were never explained (where did that computer message at the beginning of the series even come from if King Acorn's been in the Void all this time, and who sent that "BEAN" message that let Sally know where to go to find it?). Dulcy was never introduced, just magically added to the cast somewhere between Season One and Season Two; the Antoine mini-episodes are really out-of-place, especially in the context of the more plot-oriented Season Two; and sometimes the writing is kind of bad...

But it's a great series, no mistake. I really wish it'd been given a better time-slot so maybe it wouldn't have been prematurely canceled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.