Farewell Sonic X

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Jack Wallace, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

You're Under Arrest, okay? Member
    Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    A long time ago, I did send a mail to TMS Entertainment asking if they'll make new episodes because TOO many people was wondering that, and they answered me that "still was a matter of discusion".

So, I managed to ask again yesterday about that, and the answer was that Sonic X is no more:

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our show.

Unfortunately, we do not have any plan to produce additional episodes of Sonic X.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Mitsumoto Suzuki
    TMS Entertainment

So, that's it. Farewell Sonic X. I was wondering why they didn't do it before anyway.

Byes!

2. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Misfit
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Goodbye, Sonic X.

Ignore the "Wet Floor" sign as you leave the building, and don't bother looking as you cross the street.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    It was kind of obvious sorry to say. usually if there going to continue something they would announce it within the same year it ended unless they pull an inuyasha and wait 4 years to announce the next series.

4. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
    The InuYasha anime incarnations will be ALWAYS profitable, Sonic X won't. It's like the 2008's DBZ OVA.

5. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    offtopic: otro chileno en Retro :) , que bien...

ontopic: sonic X was a good series, but the possibility of a new season appears unlikely...
    the good news is that now would be official ..

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Hacking Contest
    Sonic X was plagued with issues. The pilot episode looked much better and 4Kids' raping of the English dub was horrible. Maybe one day that horrible VA group will be kicked off from doing Sonic and a new group might be able to redub it properly, as well as keeping shit uncensored.

I don't think I watched all of them, I guess I might try and get through the Japanese version in the summer. Probably not though.

7. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=445040:date=Apr 20 2010, 08:00 PM:name=Jack Wallace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jack Wallace @ Apr 20 2010, 08:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=445040">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The InuYasha anime incarnations will be ALWAYS profitable, Sonic X won't. It's like the 2008's DBZ OVA.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wait, how does the DBZ special relate to either of those things?

8. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    <!--quoteo(post=445059:date=Apr 20 2010, 06:29 PM:name=SOTI)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOTI @ Apr 20 2010, 06:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=445059">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->4Kids' raping of the English dub was horrible.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You don't know the Latinamerican dub then :rolleyes:

<!--quoteo(post=445061:date=Apr 20 2010, 06:33 PM:name=ThunderPX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThunderPX @ Apr 20 2010, 06:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=445061">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait, how does the DBZ special relate to either of those things?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd mention it because it's the most brilliant example of profitability after almost 15 years. Sadly, Sonic X can't say the same thing.

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    And there was much rejoicing.

EDIT: No, seriously, I'm not at all disappointed. Sonic X is pretty bad when you boil it down.

10. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Actually, this was confirmed in 2008, when there was a rumor of episodes 79 and up were going to air on Polsat in Poland (because it was listed on the schedule, until episode 81!), many fans contacted TMS and we got a similar reply.

Actually, I think Sonic X ended preety well. What I wanted to see is another Sonic series without relation to it.

11. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace

Santiago, Chile
    <!--quoteo(post=445067:date=Apr 20 2010, 06:39 PM:name=Yuski)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yuski @ Apr 20 2010, 06:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=445067">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually, this was confirmed in 2008, when there was a rumor of episodes 79 and up were going to air on Polsat in Poland (because it was listed on the schedule, until episode 81!), many fans contacted TMS and we got a similar reply.

Actually, I think Sonic X ended preety well. What I wanted to see is another Sonic series without relation to it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, I contacted TMS around that date and they answered me that they didn't know that info, but never that the series was dead.

Anyway, this was a public secret, I understand why some people don't see this as actual news.

Byes!

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I thought the last season was pretty good, since it wasent the adventures of humans on Earth, and even though it still had Chris, he was FAR less irritating, he also got coolpoints for making Sonic some sa2 soaps.

It would be nice to get a better uncut dub, but im not gonna hold my breath, I envy the french, there version did it properly, all they did is change the voices, they even made a french version of "Sonic Drive" LeJerks >_>

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    Wait, people were still expecting new episodes? o_O

I actually like Sonic X a lot (though not the US dub, it was butchered), but I wasn;t aware anyone thought there was potential for new episodes.

14. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    <!--quoteo(post=445089:date=Apr 20 2010, 02:18 PM:name=trakker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (trakker @ Apr 20 2010, 02:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=445089">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I thought the last season was pretty good, since it wasent the adventures of humans on Earth, and even though it still had Chris, he was FAR less irritating, he also got coolpoints for making Sonic some sa2 soaps.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It helps that Chris is <span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>really an adult in a kid's body.</span>

15. ShadowPhantom

ShadowPhantom

Bow your heads low, all hail Shadow!
    Station Square
    Practicing drawing Sonic.
    I watched the entire series in English on Youtube. I don't know what you all find so irritating about the English dub. The voices fit the characters perfectly. The only thing I find annoying is that they cut certain parts and messed up a few lines (Like in the pilot episode when Knuckles comments on Chaos Control, and in one of Shadow's flashbacks they screwed up one of Maria's lines).

All in all, I will miss it. I thought it was the best Sonic show out there. *waves goodbye* Farewell dear Sonic X. I will never forget you.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    <!--quoteo(post=445220:date=Apr 20 2010, 10:44 PM:name=ShadowPhantom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShadowPhantom @ Apr 20 2010, 10:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=445220">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I watched the entire series in English on Youtube. I don't know what you all find so irritating about the English dub.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not so much the voices that annoy me (though Rouge's is terrible) as the needless cutting and slicing. Laser beam noices subbed in for bullets because OMG KIDS CAN'T HANDLE GUNS (yet this is made for the USA of all places, one of the highest areas of gun ownership in the world). Changing of lines needlessly (like chasing hedgehogs with F1 cars rather than standing on moving vehicles. Seriously, wtf?! And for the record, I don;t count the removal of a swear as needless, that one WAS warranted for translation). And the worst of all, the removal entirely of a wonderful soundtrack for some generic crap synthpop because 4Kids couldn't be bothered licensing the fees for it. Fuck the US dub.

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    The typical 4Kids bullshit, in other words. It doesn't help that the new voice cast was only just starting out and wasn't quite good at doing the voices for the first so many episodes.

O AND STATION SQUARE WAS EVACUATED BEFORE THE FLOOD NOBODY KNEW WAS GONNA HAPPEN GAIZ ITS OKAY NOBODY DIED THEY JUST WENT TO THE SHADOW REALM

Bottom line is, you saddle an already-kinda-meh anime with a 4Kids-quality dub and you have yourself a nice, spicy recipe for suckage.

18. Sparks

Sparks

Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
    Hey maybe we can get an AoStH-ish cartoon in the future again. :v:

I wish. :(

19. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Good riddance, it was a fucking terrible show.
    <!--quoteo(post=445245:date=Apr 20 2010, 06:08 PM:name=Sparks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparks @ Apr 20 2010, 06:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=445245">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey maybe we can get an AoStH-ish cartoon in the future again. :v:

I wish. :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fuck that, a world wide theatrical release would be the greatest thing ever.

AoSth was the only good Sonic cartoon, haters gonna hate.

20. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Honestly, Dubs never really bother me.

I know what they did with One Piece, but...I could never to bring myself to watch the Subtitled version. It's not that it's bad, but...well, I never really cared too much for what was the difference. I mean, I didn't even start watching subs until I heard the constant complaining of the Naruto dub (yes, I'm a Naruto fan, sue me. I watch both Dubs and Subs of that show though). I tried watching one episode of One Piece in Japanese, but I couldn't. Plus ever since Funimation took it off the air on TV, my knowledge of the show just...vanish. Though one major thing, there were WAY TOO MANY episodes to watch to get where they were.

I guess the same applies for Sonic X though. Didn't really know the differences between the subs and dubs, and in the end, just never cared. Heck, I didn't even think about that the voice actors changed until the fandom busted a blood vessel over it. I don't even think I heard all the voice actors in Japanese though as well, except for Sonic and Eggman, and I think Chris. I figured something was odd though about that sign Sonic was holding that looked blank.

Though, I think the FCC are kind of a blame on this as well. Don't they like, set limits to certain channels about what can or can't be shown or something?

Oh, and about the gun thing, I think they're at least trying to not let the influence of guns get to little kids. I mean, they see a gun on TV, not truly knowing what it is, think it's cool, manage to find one in an unlocked dresser, and well...you know the rest. That's my POV about it. I mean, the show is named 4Kids, for obvious reasons.

Oh, and I don't really got nothing agaist Chris like God knows everyone does. He isn't that big of a deal, to me, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.