don't click here

Extracting Naomi/Hikaru files

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by DatHenson, Jun 30, 2021.

1. DatHenson

DatHenson

I'm currently interested in checking out the file formats for the Sega Hikaru game "Planet Harriers", given Amusement Vision's history of using the Monkey Ball engine till 2005/6. As expected with arcade dumps from Mame, the files look like this
    pic.png
    Looking in hex from a few of the ic files....
    pic2.png
    I can tell this is supposed to say "SAMURAI AMUSEMENT VISION LTD", so this needs to be interleaved
    It's a good think Mame has a list of how the ic files are sorted. Saves me from guessing which how many tracks the rom has
    So with that, I concatenated sets of even/odd files, then I used BinMan here to interleave the files (32bit worked for the double byte spacing)
    So now in hex for the first section:
    pic3.png
    But now I'm stuck. I can't make this into a GDI due to Hikaru not using GDroms like Naomi/Dreamcast

It made me realize no one really messed with Naomi/Hikaru modding, so I'd like to bring interest to it, so we have a universal method of getting the direct files
    I'm not sure if I can send the files, so best of luck in getting the roms elsewhere for those interested

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List