don't click here

Explaining Our Downtime

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tweaker, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    This Unbanning has been brought to you by the UnBan Qjimbo Foundation.

Your donations CAN make a difference.

2. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Oh, hai der. You're that one guy who inspired me to do those Fresh Prince of Sonic CD vids. :v:

Anyway, 5 bucks says Shibby'll try to rejoin, via proxies and get misfitted every time.

3. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    I'm just happy to know that most of the site is working again!

I remember the name Shibunoa from somewhere before... I dunno, I might be thinking of someone or something else... Ah, oh well. Doesn't matter now!

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    He loves trolling. He literally lives doing it. It's almost as if he was addict to it (or maybe he is?). And he has some technical knowledge, which makes things worse. He hacked lots of servers already, this isn't the first time he does it.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Well thank fuck that's over, great work you guys, you deserve a vacation or something =P

6. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    What a retarded kid, glad the most important damage could be recovered.
    Oh man, that's so true! I remember when Sonic Retro repeatedly attacked my site because they wanted to be the only Sonic website in existence!

Oh wait, that didn't happen (that was only Mustapha) and it's a completely retarded idea, not to mention hypocritical since taking down another website to be "the only one" is exactly what that dumbass tried to do. Who does that idiot think he is, the preachy little Highlander of Sonic?
    [​IMG]
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

PS.: 'Grats, Gerbil!

7. NHY

NHY

The Shibunoa hacker guy is a fucking moran, he struck the site TWICE within 24 hours. I mean, WTF!? I sincerely hope that someone has handed his details over to the cops and he gets what's coming to him. I'm just glad its over.

Also, Congrats Gerbilsoft, I think you deserve it, man. Good luck with your new position.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Shibunoa needs to masturbate more if he has to keep his hands busy from hacking sites for retarded reasons.

9. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Qjimbo's unbanned, Gerbil's an admin?

That greasy italian did more damage than we thought!

10. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    This would never have happened on Usenet

That's not important. At least the Wiki survived more or less intact

11. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I think I un be having the concussions now, nyea nyea nyeaaaaaaaa...

Are you going to toss a mention to the whole ordeal with Tristan's yellow journalism as well? Since Xkeeper mentioned it on the temp front page, it seems to merit a spot in the top post.

Also, congrats on Gerbil getting admin and Jimbo finally getting unbanned. I expect penguins spilling tea will be the norm from here on.

12. Impish

Impish

Yay, gerbil definitely deserved the adminship, well done man. And well done to the rest of you'se folks, for getting retro back online.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    OK. LET'S DO THIS AGAIN, ffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Sq5uVgDWI&fmt=18

Also, it was a pleasure keeping the staff amused because I have no technical prowess otherwise. It was a very stressful situation and they all needed some laughs to keep them sane, which TSSZ provided in certain cases. However, they get no credit because I fucking said so. :colbert:

14. CyberKitsune

CyberKitsune

Never enough time. Member
    aaaaaaaaa
    Congrats Gerbil, you can now RickRoll on a Massive scale! ^^

15. Sonikku

Sonikku

This planet.
    dsfgdfgcbvnbvhgvbc
    Well, barely, because all the images got deleted.

Shibunoa can take a dildo and stick it in his ass.

16. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    Damn, I just reformatted my computer yesterday, else I'd help with the Wiki restoration, oh well.

Yay, I can come back to Retro and piss my time away again!

17. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Well, I'm very happy to see that a true community effort was set forth to return Retro to its origWAIIIIIT AAAAAA MINUTE!

So...wait.

Some of the reporting I did that you're mocking right now on the front page was actually correct for a few fleeting moments, before GS and others via caches and such stepped up?

18. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Shibnoa's (Or however the fuck it should be spelled.) wiki page needs to be updated so we can continue to mock him for the rest of his banned years!!!

The only question I have is why he did it? I mean its obvious it had something to do with Tweaker and how he runs things here but is there any background explanation as to his motive behind committing the intolerable and fucking retarded act? (Granted I don't have any problem with how Tweaker runs things. I think he should do whatever works for him, which he does.)

19. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
  20. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    The wiki is still locked. Tweaker did edit his page mentioning that he was banned for the attack before Retro was hit for the 2nd time.