don't click here

Evidence that Sonic Adventure DX released on PC in North America?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Claw, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Claw

The Claw

Hi! Nice folks elsewhere suggested I try asking here. I'd like to find conclusive proof of this obscure supposed release. Various databases claim it hit shelves, including this very site's own wiki. Yet thus far I've been unable to *truly* confirm its existence. Not much luck searching for something as compelling as pictures of discs, back of the box, etc. Perhaps it's a Canadian exclusive? Can't think of many other plausible ideas.

Certainly harder to be sure a game doesn't exist, than does. Forgotten games have that tendency to surface years after. :)

2. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    Um... I've seen it a few times at our local Gamestop. Chances are the Canada release is the same as the U.S. one.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Well it most certainly was released, I got it for Christmas in 2004.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I remember seeing it at Walmart back in '04, it was released it's just Sega didn't advertise it.

5. Yeah, definitely saw it on the shelves.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's festering on a shelf by a GameStop here. Its price has been slashed pretty heavily and no one wants to buy it.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Now here's a question I want to know, how many people actually have the US version of SADXPC, rather than pirating the EU version?

And I should scan this too for the wiki, if I even have the box still...

8. I bought the EU version legally, what category am I in? Though the MAD version, which doesn't seem to be the one on the wiki.

9. How much is it? I may call around to try to find it if the price is right.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    $5.99 right now.

11. gold lightning

gold lightning

As others have already stated, it most definitely existed. It was actually on the shelf at a local grocery store of all places. Awhile after I first saw it I went to go buy it, but I ended up being a few dollars short and they sold their last copy the next day. True story.

12. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    I bought it on the USA Amazon.com. It had PEGI and stuff on it, but whatever.

EDIT: It's a budget release.

13. How is this rare? I've seen it at GameStop several times between when it came out and like 2008

14. The Claw

The Claw

I doubt the US one would say PEGI. Unless they repeated Sonic 1 SMS on us...

15. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    It's from Sold Out Software, if that helps. They did budget releases for Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast.

EDIT: Yeah, turns out they're British. OK, so the Amazon listing was just for imported copies?

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I'd call it rare, because I've only heard of like 4 people that actually own it.

17. Really? By chance next time you head in, can you get the SKU from the tag? So I can call in and ask them to check the nearby stores.

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I got it from Target about 5 years ago for...I think $9.99. Not 100% sure where the discs ended up, but the box is still in my old room at my parents' house. Came across it while I was over there during Christmas.

19. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I had to import a Euro copy. I've never seen it sold locally around here. I've seen the PC versions of Mega Collection Plus, Riders, and maybe Heroes, but never Sonic Adventure DX.

I'm inclined to believe it made it over here, but distribution was poor.

20. Here's some pretty good evidence (clickie clickie)

It's got the ESRB rating and everything on it, but oh wait, what's that in the OTHER corner. Says ACTIVISION released it? That's pretty weird, but THQ released the Gameboy Advance games so I'm ready to believe just about anything at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.