don't click here

Early Sonic 1 Manual (US)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by NemUK, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NemUK

NemUK

Probably lurkin'. Member
    I don't know if this is the final us manual but to me it has some really noticeable diffrences to the UK manual.

E.g. no special stage ring found. it says it 'warps' you to the special stage and doesn't mention a 'big ring'.

Download (Directs to Sonic Stuff).

click the manual link on the nav bar. (at top of page).

sorry if this post is a waste of time im just curious.

2. NickW

NickW

I just checked my STH manual, and it also has that it warps you to the special stage. So, it is safe to say that is the final US manual.

3. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    I noticed that on page 9 when it talks about all the things in the bonus stage, it says this:

Goal: This is the end of this zone. Touch this to return to the PREVIOUS zone.

I'm pretty sure you just go to the next zone. Now if this were Sonic 2, it would be true...

4. NemUK

NemUK

Probably lurkin'. Member
    ok. thanks, I was just curious because it didnt mention the 'big ring'.

5. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    It's possibly just an example of rather odd wording - and heaven knows there's enough of it in manuals, both then and nowadays.

For example, you enter the Special Stage from Green Hill (Act 1), warped there through a big ring. You hit a goal in the stage, which then sends you back to the Green Hill Zone (Act 2). As there are no Special Stage rings in the Act 3 of each Zone, then you will always warp to the next act of the Zone you were just in. So you are, in effect, warping to the previous Zone - just a different Act of it. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.