don't click here

Dug this guy out of storage for old time sake...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ben2k9, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    I've had this figure for years, in fact since it was first announced and released, I remember having to ship it from America as it wasnt sold in the UK, fair to say I was pretty disappointed; the articulation is terrible, it doesnt bend where you think it should and its pretty top heavy, the quality is just... awful, I expected nice plastics but everything is rubbery and feels cheap, definitely not worth the £50 or so I spent on this guy!

sadly, i had it on top of my old CRT TV and it fell and his right leg snapped clean at the hip joint, so I put him in storage as at the time i couldnt figure out how to fix him. Its really annoying because I believe this is one of the first batches with the incorrectly painted feet that they fixed pretty quickly, so whatever value it has is probably gone due to the repair I had to make (drilled and pinned the leg).

He at least looks cool I guess? Dont know what to do with him really, hes OK to pose but the aforementioned articulation is pretty bad.

Did anyone else have this or still have this figure?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This is one of the ones I'd wish I'd gotten back when it was around. It never looked too sturdy, but damn did it look cool.

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I have the same figure too, is one of my favourites in fact. Pretty big for what it is, and detailed. Love the metallic paint.

4. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    dont get me wrong i was overjoyed to get a figure of my fave sonic character, he does look great but i just find the quality lacking and weird choices for articulation, no ankle tilt for example.

5. Wildcat

Wildcat

I have it. Never knew about the incorrect feet. Seems the same as yours. I ordered it off Toys R Us online at the time. I live in the US but couldn’t find it in store. Aside from a few small paint smudges that can only be seen close up I think he’s great. I agree he’s top heavy.

Thought I’d get the plush in there since he’s right next to him. This is not how I want to display stuff but I hardly have space in this room (Also very much into TMNT and Ghostbusters, loved Afterlife).

[​IMG]

6. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I'd say yours has the right painting, the feet aren't lacking their white stripes.

7. Wildcat

Wildcat

Oh I didn’t realize about the stripes. I got it a little later on so I’m sure it’s not an early batch. The one I found in store had a broken nose. The store was a mess too. Now that I think of it that particular store was closing.