don't click here

Dreamcast modchip

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Jigen, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Jigen

Jigen

We are all one Member
    Anyone know of a good place to get a Dreamcast modchip these days? Finally got a Dreamcast a little while back, but can't seem to find a reliable place. Any place I find looks mad sketchy.

2. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Question: Have you checked which Dreamy you have? Most don't need modifications of any kind to run backups and homebrew.

3. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    If one wants to play imports without any boot CDs and stuff, one uses a modchip, unless one is happy with just region changing, which I do every once in a while. My DC is usually set to European region, but its turned Japanese when I get an urge to play my SA2

4. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Or you could simply use a freeloader.

Jigen, just letting you know in case you weren't aware, but you don't need a modchip to play burnt games; from what I hear, most DC game ISO's you'll find online nowadays are self-booting, but even those that aren't simply require a burnt copy of Utopia.

5. Jigen

Jigen

We are all one Member
    More interested in import games, which I have a few of. Do have Utopia, but just a bit of an annoyance to always have to use a boot disc. As for changing the region, play a mix of both US and JAP games, so wouldn't be much less annoying than swapping.

6. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Hah. Irrelevant, but Lupin III is one of my favourite shows. kudos.

7. You can boot legit import games through a pirated CD-X import booter or whatnot

Or you could just be like me and pirate the import games.

Either way, modchips for Dreamcast are not necessary at all.