don't click here

Dreamcast Day 2022

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Aesculapius Piranha, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
  2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Oh god that merch is sick!

For Dreamcast day I guess I'll get started on the refurbish of my first Dreamcast unit. A few weeks ago I went on a shopping spree of buying enhancements for my Dreamcast without taking away some of the core original elements of the original unit.

dreamcast-modding-adventure.jpg

My Dreamcast sat for many years halfway under a shitty pelican lamp, which caused the discoloration you see on the top left of the unit. I've always resented the fact I didn't take care of my Dreamcast when I was younger, so I plan to fix it up right.

Starting clockwise from the middle the mods are as follows: Noctua fan replacement, dual bios mod, Japanese Cake 1.031 bios chip, rubberized dust covers, Noctua fan mounting kit, replacement vertical battery holder with ML2032 battery, replacement cap kit for main board of VA1, replacement cap kit for Dreamcast VA1 PSU, and controller port self-healing polyfuse. Of course when looking at these items for yourself 100% ensure the compatibility with your Dreamcast model.

Oh, and lest I forget, the main star of this referb, the Crystal Green replacement case.

I chose not to MODE/GDEmu simply due to cost and my love for hearing the disc activity as I play my games. I also chose not to replace the power supply outright and simply recap the one it came with.

EDIT: I also contributed to the VM2 indiegogo campaign and received my contribution ID# of 420 lmao

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Every day is Dreamcast Day, what do you mean :colbert:

I'm happy to see this console continue getting the love it deserves. Sega's sixth generation software output was maybe their highest heights (in the home market, anyway). Had every game they released as third-party that gen also released on DC, it'd have the greatest first party library in gaming. Yes, even better than SNES. I just wish we could've seen it. That little box deserved the world..

I've kept my DC's mods basic so far. In 2019 I removed the GD-ROM drive (it was no longer functional) and put in a GDemu. Just recently upgraded the SD card in it to a 200GB one so it now holds every game I could want for it, and replaced the shell since it was yellowing something fierce. One day I'll do all the fixings to get it online proper, but for now I'm a happy camper.

4. Zphase

Zphase

5. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    But the Dreamcast's launch date is the 27th of November....

=P

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Cool tweet from Peter Moore:

FcN6qOTaAAI9lXZ.jpg
    https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1568231969280131075

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    What I did for Dreamcast Day was finally try hooking up the Dreamcast in my American house, but of course since it's PAL the video doesn't come in properly. Apparently I can fix this with a VGA cable? I'll have to look into it further.

9. Very accurate, I Still got my import DC and the receipt LOL . The best gaming box ever too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]