don't click here

DONATE OR RETRO DIES ON THE 20TH

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    I sent him $4.44. Sorry for the lame ass amount, but that's all I had in my paypal account. :(

2. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I'd actually be tempted to donate, were it not for the fact that my new job pays me monthly (URGH) with a cheque, and said cheque will probably be held for roughly 2 weeks. So yeah, I won't have any money at all by that time. =/

3. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    How much more is needed?

4. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    $200 in total, I believe. D:

5. Skaarg

Skaarg

I get paid next Wednesday and Friday, I'll send $10 or so.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I do hate X-cult but because I like Sonic Retro I just put $10 in the donations bin. Hope this helps

7. Alan

Alan

I run a small amount of servers in a datacentre in the UK, the way I pay for bandwidth is on the 95th%ile. And I currently don't come near my limit therefore I am paying for bandwidth I am not even using. MySQL can do load balancing, or something simple like offloading some images to me.

Anyway I can help I will be willing to give it a try.

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    As I said to both Xkeeper and Tweaker on AIM, I'm up to help by hosting Sonic Retro's static files (as, pictures, media files, and pages, but not databases) temporarily on one of my servers. Unfortunately I can't neither donate nor guarantee I can host Sonic Retro indefinitely, but I can host it for a few weeks without problems.

9. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I don't have a debit card nor do I live anywhere near a box store. I am, however, willing to watch from the sidelines and occasionally harass someone to donate if that will help.

10. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I'm moving all my stuff to a brand new server in a brand new datacenter somewhere between the 15th and the 19th. Let me know if you guys need any hosting of anything, I'll have a shit load of free bandwidth and space, even on the machine we're on now I have a lot to go around, so let me know, I'm sinking all my meager money into this though D:

11. nineko

nineko

italy
    Disregard what I said earlier, even if I'm unemployed I just donated €20, it's not like I'm going to bankrupt because of that :P

Now, where are my mod powers?

12. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    Is this a monthly issue or yearly issue? I could try to donate what's left of my allowance ($34, or $46 if I'm willing to donate -EVERYTHING- I gots), but if it's a monthly issue.. :psyduck:

Just gotta find that Paypal link, surely there's one somewhere *searching home page*

13. nineko

nineko

italy
    There are no paypal links afaik. I just went to paypal's website and looked for the "send money" button. Once there, enter [email protected] as recipient.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    While we appreciate hosting offers, I think many of you don't quite understand the massive load of activity this website amasses weekly, let alone monthly. If we can continue to be hosted on the CulTNET server, then that is the preferred course of action—especially considering that they host us free of charge.

Thanks for caring, though. :)

15. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    Not really sure if it makes a difference, but the donation thing I clicked on sent the money to [email protected].

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Actually, it's a special one - basically due to moving across the US, Saz has no way to get at his bank account this month, hence the cash shortfall.

17. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    just letting you guys know, since it's CulTNet that's going down, your donations would be best served to go to Sazpaimon for the time being.

18. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    This.

Paypal [email protected]. I can send payments that have been sent to me to Saz, but it just dings another bit of Paypal fees.

19. DJ Syztem

DJ Syztem

virginia
    Sonic 2 And 3 SoundFont
    As soon as I get a paypal iI'm gonna send 5 bucks per week for 2 months.

20. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    I can send $40 after I get my paycheck on Saturday (13th) if I can convert a Visa gift card to Paypal...