don't click here

Does anyone remember this commercial?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by XCubed, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDP9OXF354

What I find the MOST interesting is the music! It's like they used the actual Genesis drums to create a new song. I think I remember seeing this commercial, but back then, didn't give a rat's ass about the music, let alone how it sounded.

2. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Wow, that's pretty funky. Listening to it closely reveals that it IS using the same drums Sonic 2 uses.

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Buzz got owned. What's more amusing is that he didn't actually take the cheerios with him, which implies that he doesn't care about them, and was just embarrassing Buzz for the fun of it. In fact, it looks more like a simple endorsement that an actual recommendation. They do have one thing on common though: Neither Honey nor Sonic 2 ever spoil from age. Has anyone else ever added more honey to Honey Nut Cheerios?

And Sonic's running pose in that commercial reminds me of Knuckles's current running pose.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Not just that, but it's using real YM2612 voices, at least on the bassline—I've heard many poor voice edits use that patch accidentally as the bass for a song. In fact, I believe that exact voice is among the voices used in Emerald Hill Zone's music! :(

It's definitely interesting, that's for sure.

5. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I'm surprised I don't remember this!

Sonic and one of my favorite voice actors, together in one commercial. <3

6. I like the part where he says ''chances of winning are 1 in 10 000''

7. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    I remember there was a Frosties ad in the UK around the time of Sonic 3's release too. Sonic was animated in his AoStH style, but I remember that his legs were flesh coloured! Think it may have been advertising a Sonic yoyo which you could send away for if you collected tokens from the packets.

8. Well, I'd prefer Frosties ads with <game of the month> then some bloody annoying song from now on.

9. theSTHguy

theSTHguy

Fear the wrath of my ∫! Ha ha ha! Member
    London, England, UK
    The Shadow Odyssey (TSO)
  10. "Once you start playing Sonic The Hedgehog......everything else.....seems a bit slow"

Really, with THAT 50hz conversion?

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/frosty/

:rolleyes:

12. Archeopterix

Archeopterix

13. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I gotta get a box of that, because if it can kill an annoying 8-year old with that much awesome it really is "GRRRRRRRRRRREAT!"

14. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
  15. neomerge

neomerge

Wow that's really neat how the Bee went into the game. With all those licenced games on the Genesis such as 7up and Cheetos I'm surprised they never made a Honey Nut Cheerios Game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.