Do you think a Sonic Adventure Remake is a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nicky Ali, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I always felt that adventure was designed to showcase the dc a bit or at least have enough of a mix of game types to feel like a fulfilling launch title even if that was never it's original plan. It's why big is there imo.

2. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    That's the consensus as far as I've seen. I keep hearing how proud Sega were that the Dreamcast could render water, and wanted to show that off (same reason Chaos is there).

3. Naean

Naean

Artist, photographer, audio and video editor. Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Level Designs
    Speaking of Chaos, if SEGA were to do a Sonic Adventure remake, one of the few salvageable things from Sonic Forces which I think they could re-use is its Chaos 0 model, I really like it. Up the colour saturation though, as it's a bit too faint of a blue for my liking.

4. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Previously ParleyMint Member
    I'd advocate for more of a Sonic Adventure re-imagining rather than a remake. Lots of things in the game need to straight-up be overhauled from the ground up.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    A new SA needs some amazing water physics simulation, something to wow people.

6. Frostav

Frostav

When you think about it a shitload of SA1's original problems derived from the insane pressure to make it The Biggest Game EVER at the time. It's kinda tragic, really. It's such a time capsule for early 3D platformers with so much extraneous fluff because people wanted a billion playable characters and hub worlds and minigames and upgrades and just a bunch of crap that all became kitsch not, what, three years later?

But hey, that extraneous bullshit got us Chao so I can't complain too much :V