Discotek Media has licensed the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by KingOfBunnies, Dec 14, 2021.

1. The Other RaFaél

The Other RaFaél

I'm just a guy and a man and a dude and I'm hungry Oldbie
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Fatherhood, husband...hood and a few mobile apps.
    Not to ask a silly question, but is this due to how the material is/was stored, or is that just par for the course with analog media for shows like these regardless of how well they were stored? It reminds me of what happens with old hard drives and bit rot.

2. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    It's pretty much par the course, obviously better storage conditions slow down the rot of physical media of all formats, some formats are a lot better than others as digital formats with extensive error correction and multiple copies tend to be better than analog ones which tend to degrade with each generation or copy made. The sad truth is the day since something is made is when the rot actually starts, given enough time it won't exist at all anymore.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

My name's Martin Member
    I see this from two sides. From the side of preservation, I like this has been made in its best possible form. From my personal perspective, though, well, it's still AoStH. I was 12 when it originally aired and even then me and everyone whose opinion I knew thought it as shit, me being the only one watching it because it was Sonic shit, and I had to watch it. Now I'm too old to watch it the same way, but maybe some kid will still find it entertaining, though most parents won't notice this release. I liked SatAM more, but I wouldn't rewatch that one either, I guess I'm too old for 90's animation in general. XD