don't click here

DeanSatan enters the fray!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DeanSatan, Jan 15, 2009.

1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Wentos said Sega of Japan has been iffy about using the name "Robotnik" since SA2. It definitely has to do with localization.

2. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    WERE MAKING HISTORY AS THE FIRST GAMING FRANCHISE TO FULLY UNITE WITH ITS FANBASE I AM SO EXCITED

Okay, sorry for that. Just let me ask; are we still keeping this contact on the down-low? Wouldn't want this guy to get fired.

Also, Dean. Show your higher-ups some of the stuff on this topic. If you have the time, I mean.

3. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    there wasnt really a term localization when I was doing this it was really done through third qarty acquisitions.
    they would get lots of games and rate them\reject them\embrace them
    we `soa` didnt know much about the fiction because there wasnt really any at that time.
    it wasnt really a `team` but 2 game councilors and the 2 qroducers saying this is called this and that is that.
    we would comment on game status as it was qrogrammed in jaqan.

each of these fictions has a life of its own ..which is qointed out well in the history threads here...
    theres soa, archie comics, the several cartoons, the original jaqanese game and uk game versions.
    the original megadrive consumer version I saw at the time had little fiction other than rockstar dj or something.

there are many exaqmles of a game changing deending on where its being sold.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I highly doubt he'd have any choice about Sega's ideas anyways =P

EDIT: at Pulse's post.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I've split off Dean's intro and subsequent brick shitting. If you guys would like to speak to Dean and ask him questions, feel free to do it here. Just pick your jaws a bit and stop embarrassing yourselves, please. :)

6. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    its been in a qrocess of being qhased out for a while... sa2 was the first sonic game done at sega technical institute in menlo qark, meaning, in the usa.

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Except that he's still posting in the other thread, lol :p

Also, in before someone asks him for a Sonic 1 beta

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Chased out? You mean they've been trying to get rid of the name for awhile?

9. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Something wrong, here

10. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    thanks for the sqlit.

`smokebreak`

ill cut and qaste the magic missing letter `P` from now on.

(edit)

earliest proof I could find atm: I was gonna scan this: [​IMG] but its all ready done. I am listed second to last as one of sonics friends.

11. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
  12. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid

thats horrible advice isnt it... show them on a Personal level vs in a Public forum then only maybe...
    there aren't really any guarantees that by submitting levels that they would be adoPted with or without getting credit or a job or anything.. I stand by my statement `keeP your ideas to yourself`

B

* Ball Hog
    * Bomb (enemy)
    * Buzz Bomber

C

* Caterkiller
    * Chopper
    * Crabmeat

for sure...

I cant claim `badnik`though

13. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    Yes. Keep it off a public forum. Look what happened to Sonic Chronicles music...

14. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid

there wasnt really a term localization when I was doing this it was really done through third qarty acquisitions.
    they would get lots of games and rate them\reject them\embrace them
    we `soa` didnt know much about the fiction because there wasnt really any at that time.
    it wasnt really a `team` but 2 game councilors and the 2 qroducers saying this is called this and that is that.
    we would comment on game status as it was qrogrammed in jaqan.

each of these fictions has a life of its own ..which is qointed out well in the history threads here...
    theres soa, archie comics, the several cartoons, the original jaqanese game and uk game versions.
    the original megadrive consumer version I saw at the time had little fiction other than rockstar dj or something.

there are many exaqmles of a game changing deending on where its being sold.

I called it `quackshot quest` they shortened it to `quackshot`

15. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Ball Hog and Crabmeat... You sir, are epic. I know it's simple, but those are my favorite enemies, just because of their names.

16. Vangar

Vangar

Just wondering what you did in Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix 2? That also sounds interesting.

17. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Was this thing given a new name?

[​IMG]

Its original name is "Yadrin".

18. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Were there any other games related to Sonic that you may have had a hand in that weren't posted on MobyGames?

Just curious. And also have my babies, etc, etc..

19. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    I tested the step data as a temp contract laborer.
    I also submitted ddr step data suggestions and tested king aurthur.

I failed miserably on their `be a localization guy` test with lots of bad punctuation and engrish. I happen to communicate in bad punctuation and engrish so the goal of the test was lost on me.

20. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

I'll be darned, the man who gave the name to Dr. Robotnik is right here, posting on this very board. Welcome, pal.

EDIT: Holy crap. I just realised you joined this place on my birthday. Awesome.