don't click here

DeanSatan enters the fray!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DeanSatan, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Why didn't you point them to this thread? That would've shut them up,

2. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    I didnt want to make a scene out of it ..until they tried to post my phone number and family photos and such - or blow up my inbox - and then hide...

(edit)

R A N T

but...
    Due to all the traffic:
    I went up 3000+ slots at leroysatan.podomatic.com
    Was in the Top 100 (#89) - Now dropped 81 slots to #347
    Was #2 in the Comedy Top 10 - Now #10

Which is crazy because last week I was #3563 or something...

Anyhow. . .
    them mega64 kids banned meh. . after calling me out in the first place. . so mmyeah. . . thats not even a conflict, its snarking at its finest. ..and not hardly as fun. Im just sharing you know how I like to share.

(edit) - went to e309, yelled/conversated in their face for 10 minutes, resolved this issue... it is now as if it had never happened, the internets was wiped clean.

3. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    in getting ready to go to e3, I found some more cool and/or old stuff.

maybe theres something to see - this is all new and never been leaked.

backstory:
    while working at IBM I had dreams of making games. I put together a proposal and sent it to nec/turbographix since at that time it was cutting edge and cart and cd mix. the concept was a virtual comic that had 3 separate stories/themes - professor junkpile, victory garden, and slime world. the first shared similarities to what would later be robotnik. it was rejected. I don't know of what level if any of US game development there was at that time for that platform...anyhoo. after I left sega, comixzone came out ... a game called slimeworld came out on lynx.

when I first got to sega, I passed the concept along and it too was rejected. as it is the standard, ideas are often rejected and embraced at the same time. as I was a contract laborer I wasnt a "real" employee... I had no real idea on how to present ideas at that time in a form that would/could be acted on - they were just concepts and ideas.

the olympics proposal was after I left sega and was interviewing for a job at STI - this was very unrealistic given my exit from sega but I thought that I would try.

thought I would pass it along, make of it what you will. im sticking to my original claim - keep your ideas to yourself.

grab it within the next week.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFpTG0vcGtTSUJMWEE9PQ (expires on monday)

- D

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Man, things would have been so different if we had badniks named Silly Fillet. :v:

5. Insert Coin(s)

Insert Coin(s)

Broletariat Member
    ???
    IT
    Bump for great justice.

6. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    And if it never had an English name before, what would be totally epic is if you could name it for us now.

Oh, please please please.

See if you've still got the touch. :)

7. The Prof

The Prof

The Island Professor Member
    Orkney, Scotland
    Sonic 1 Yarmar Edition
    I think I've seen that one being called the "Spiked Hermit", but I could be remembering something else.

8. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I already knew the name of it: "Spikes". I just wanted it confirmed because at the time I only had one source.

9. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    what is "The Sonic the Hedgehog Yearbook"?

it looks blank?

anyhoo, that character was either in later levels I didnt see or it hadnt been placed in the game at that time.
    the only ones I did see were on that localization drawing/name list.
    it also looks similar to "crabmeat" so maybe I missed it. ;)
    "spike" sounds good though.

10. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Sonic the Hedgehog yearbooks were (well in the UK), basically an annual for Sonic, featuring comic strips, reviews, puzzles and the like.

Just before I go; 'ZOMG', I'm telling the person who named Robotnik what a Sonic yearbook is!

Edit: And thanks for giving the characters the names, my childhood would never have been the same without your input :)

11. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    I've always found it funny how they managed to leave him out of the US Manual. He was originally planned to appear in Marble Zone. (which almost everyone here knows. I'm just giving a refresher course for those who have forgotten or missed this info altogether.) However, it was removed from Marble Zone some time in mid production but was left in Debug as a placeable object but was placed in Spring Yard Zone. It interestingly uses the same Pallet as Caterkiller and at one point in production, Roller shared this pallet as well.

12. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

That's cool, DDR has kinda gone downhill in the last two PS2 mixes (I played (but don't own) UltraMix 2, have UM1 but other than that don't stick to the XBOX versions that much), have wanted to try making/testing step data and am always optimistic.

13. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid

well I found that the olympic theme came much earlier than 94..(for me anyhow) .. .. I found some more old stuff.

items are:
    original sonic suggestions from 91... and
    a concept drawing of a character I did that came before robotnik who also floated and had a moustache.

just wanted to share some junk before I store it away for another 20yrs. :)

YouSendIt - DS sonic support

(edit) sorry for any duplicate items/repeat post

14. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    Nice!

15. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Concerning that Badnik name, if it truly doesn't have an official name, shouldn't it be "Spiker?" Since the English translation for Sonic 3's Hydrocity Badnik "Yadorin Jet" (which leads me to believe that this Badnik is an evolution of the "Yadorin" Badnik) is "Turbo Spiker," then Yadorin's official English name should then be Spiker.

Perhaps it's trivial, but to me I think that would be the logical name for that Badnik.

16. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Yadorin means "hermit crab". The English names aren't direct translations of the Japanese names.

17. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    Merry Xmash and a Happy New Year. Here is a lil stocking stuffer. Enjoy.

Ds: XMash Present (2009)

Alvin & The Chipminks: Christmas Song (Wobbly Remix)
    ?: 12 Days of Christmas
    Dj J.D.A. - Voel Je Die Bass
    ?: Who Daddy
    ?: Dude
    BSBTRGDCLUB: Messages/LEOPARD HEXAGONE
    N.A.S.A.: Strange
    Headshot Boyz: Skank Out

-D

18. Wow, interesting seeing this thread bumped.

Since Dean's big cred is to naming things all cool and funky, may I perhaps ask if you got to name anything involving the "Sega Channel" service? Names like "Test Drive" and "The Strategy Room" sound like they would've taken quite a bit of time to think of.

19. Agobue

Agobue

Cool Topic Bro, how's that broken keyboard going Dean?

I didn't see this until now, and it certainly is interesting.

20. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    Hola.

the sega channel thing I am sure I made a few screens. these were the splash pages for the first featured games or themed areas of the channel. I remember palm tree and grid, drop shadow cliches. I remember the flintstones game at the time was a on it - I did that game for genesis, but (maybe) didnt get paid correct on it because they didnt release so many carts and then it went direct to sega channel.

;) the broken keyboard is but a memory.