don't click here

(DC) Sonic Adventure Prototype (1998-10-16)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Orengefox, May 21, 2013.

1. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
  2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Thanks for all of the work you put into this (and everyone else involved). The video looks really good and I can't wait to try it out.

3. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Holy shit, yes. This is sexy.

Having said that, though, I can't get it to actually launch. I've got the US SADX .exe, but the game just crashes on startup if I've got beta WV enabled (It worked with the textureless version back on page 30, for that matter).
    EDIT: Just realized it'd probably help if I got the debug message log, so I tried that. Log file wound up empty and the console window crashes after it loads the .PVM files, for what it's worth.

EDIT2: Disregard, I didn't realize SADX Mod Loader had updated. :flunked:

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I admire your efforts, I really do!

What is in that video looks so functional and fun, it makes me wonder why it couldn't have been that way in the first place. Once again, well done!

5. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Bravo. Simply bravo.

My greatest desire to play this lost level in Sonic Adventure has finally been fulfilled. This mod only works on SADX PC, right? Hope it works on the Steam version.

6. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Just so you guys know there was a last minute patch - redownload if you got it before now.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Unfortunately not. No mods are likely ever going to be made for the Steam version.

8. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Bummer. Well then I gonna torrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... I mean, purchase a version of the 2004 edition then. =P

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    You'll need this: http://mm.reimuhakurei.net/misc/sonic-U-crack.7z

10. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Nice to see none of my research/contributions before hand were useful. Oh well, I'll remember next time.

Nice work! The work I was doing was starting to get tedious and I just gave up on it. I'm glad you decided to pick it up and actually finish it.

11. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    Had it not been for you getting the texture lists back when this all began, Catley and I would have had a much harder time working on the textures. It was also you who managed to find the start locations IIRC.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I think he's implying that he wasn't credited in your original post, chum.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    And so, another "legendary lost level" becomes playable thanks to the community. I guess this makes it the Dreamcast era's Hidden Palace.

15. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Watched and subbed.

Truly fantastic, thank you - the level of work and dedication gone in to this is fantastic. :thumbsup:

I'm interested to hear, what's the scale of artistic license you took with the level?

16. Vangar

Vangar

Awesome work!

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    And in 10 years time a couple fans hired by SEGA will remake SA1 for mobiles complete with a secret entrance into Windy Valley Beta. :v:

18. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    Simply amazing... I'm so happy that work on things like this continues to this day. Thank you for all your hard work!

19. Catley

Catley

I guess this can act as my Windy Valley mod release video. Originally I was going to play this off as a "LOL GUISE I FOUND MOAR BETA FOOTAGE :specialed: " but ultimately decided otherwise.

Have fun playing it!

20. So how many objects that were in the original were unknown? Looks quite good!