don't click here

Daytona USA Name Entry jingles

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by E102, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I would imagine high scores would be delt with via leaderboards

so unless you've got an Xbox gamertag that's three letters long I'm guessing probably not. Though then again, it didn't stop Pinball FX.

2. I assume that, it appearing to be an arcade-accurate port, they'll have the ones that were originally on the Model 2 arcade version.

Who knows about the others, though.

3. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    I recognised some of them, but couldn't place them, so went digging through my MAME set with M1.

5 0:42 ??? -- Strike Fighter -- Funkey Bomb
    9 1:33 (I recall it, but really can't place it, my mind keeps saying Galaxy Force, but I just went through the entire arcade soundtrack and can't find it there!)
    16 2:54 ??? -- Super Monaco GP -- The Second Race (Slightly different, may be based on a version of the track on a home port?)
    21 3:55 MMM -- SDI -- Blue Moon
    22 4:13 ??? -- GLOC - Opening

4. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    I knew there had to be a diamond in the rough hidden around here. That's why I created this topic. Thanks ments :)

5 - I knew that was a Mitsuyoshi compositon from how it sounded; just didn't know where. Of course it comes from the one I can't find anything from past SST Band arrangements.
    9 - I know how you feel. I've listened to these so many times that they all sound the same to me now.
    16 - Definitely sounds like Namiki, but I can't give it that just yet. This one goes 2-4 while Second Race and A Break (Mega Drive version) go 1-1-4. Besides, there's already one from SMGP in this set, so chances are slim that there's another from the same source. Of all the ones I've seen identified so far, that one is really quite a stretch.
    21 - I kept thinking there had to be another one from SDI or Quartet. How did I not recognize it?
    22 - Ah, there we go. I swear, this video only just started to show up in the search function.

Since you seem to know your Strike Fighter, could you also identify this track from the game for me? It doesn't seem to be either Burn Out or Hyper City (or whatever it's original name is [K-City? Hyper Hopper? Both?]), and that's all I can find.

5. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    I wouldn't completely rule it out... After all, look how many come from G-LOC. Saying that I do know of Sega games that have reused soundtracks from previous titles - Both AKI Rap and FM Funk from Quartet are in Spider-Man: The Videogame, for example. (EDIT - FOUND IT! See below)

On my track listing, it's just titled "Opening", just like that other identified track on G-LOC. The source for the titles come from their retrospective Pony Canyon/Scitron Soundtrack CDs so I guess it must be their official names.

K-City and Hyper Hopper are two separate tracks, incidentally. The SST version on Youtube appears to have segments of both in it.

EDIT - More mystery tunes identified!

16 2:54 ??? -- Line Of Fire -- Title Demo (...This is the one. Definitely!)
    26 5:10 ??? -- Alien Storm -- Break Out (Advertise)
    29 5:51 ??? -- Moonwalker -- Dance Magic 2 (I can't believe nobody got that! When I first heard it, I automatically thought it couldn't be Moonwalker because someone else would have got it by now!)
    30 6:00 ??? -- Bloxeed -- O-choice (Stage Select)

6. E102

E102

"γ" Member

16 - This was the closest I could find for arcade. The MS title didn't help, either.
    29 - I keep forgetting the arcade version exists. I mean, I immediately detected the NJS in it but I didn't pursue it as an MJ track. That was a nice little surprise, Mitsuyoshi.

All right, all right; lookin' good. Just two more left. :D

7. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    They are. LGA still works, anyway.